Renault 106-54TL

Gav836

I need some honest opinions from anyone on here who has had anything to do with these tractors as I'm currently looking at one. I don't require comments like its the wrong colour or get a JD ::)

Has anyone heard any bad reports about their reliability at all as the only one I know of locally now is still going strong at 10000hrs and has been little trouble, despite pulling large ECE spreaders in its younger days, often better than the newer bigger Renaults :o I only drove it a couple of times and really liked it but would like others opinions please :)

The one in question is 1998 with 3250 hours on it ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a pic of one then gav?? take it it's an older one like the britains ones so to speak

Here you go Sean, its the 6 cylinder sibling to the 103-54 like Britains produced

http://www.pykett-tractors.co.uk/index.php?p0=detail&id=1063

Thats not the one I'm looking at before anyone says anything either ::)

Yeah, working on winter jobs but most of them involve a Tractor at the minute, may be able to hire it out at other times as well, local dealer reckons he would be able to help with the hire side of things :)

Yeah, working on winter jobs but most of them involve a Tractor at the minute, may be able to hire it out at other times as well, local dealer reckons he would be able to help with the hire side of things :)

I'd never believe a dealer mate - heard too many horror stories ;) ;)

I'd never believe a dealer mate - heard too many horror stories ;) ;)

It's ok, I've known this dealer for over 10 years, several I wouldn't trust but those that dealt with my late dad know better than to mess me about ;)

Here is what you want - would be very tempted myself only for the price tag and the paint brush job :(

http://www.jrfirby.co.uk/2fiat.htm

Never, if you have ever used one for a lot of hedge cutting you will know why, it left me with one very, very sore leg with the heavy clutch and no splitter. Also want a 4wd around this way ;)

Never, if you have ever used one for a lot of hedge cutting you will know why, it left me with one very, very sore leg with the heavy clutch and no splitter. Also want a 4wd around this way ;)

Pwattt Splitters aren't on proper tractors just plain sticks on the floor ;D

I see your point and then 90 series boxes aren't the most user friendly anyway :(

Pwattt Splitters aren't on proper tractors just plain sticks on the floor ;D

I see your point and then 90 series boxes aren't the most user friendly anyway :(

My bosses description of the 110-90 gearbox we had was "like a broom handle in a bucket of excrement" :D :D ::)

Thought so probably why the prices are lower (add 20% VAT I think) :( - wouldn't believe that about the speed of the box as several I know are entered wrong ;)

Just spoke to my mate at the local dealers who were Renault before Claas went in, he reckons the 106-54 is bombproof if serviced regularly and that 40k was still an optional extra on these up until the day they were discontinued :o

He says it's ideal for what I want it for and has he used to be a contractor himself as well I'm inclined to go with him on it

You hadn't found this one in Ireland yet.......

http://www5.tractorpool.co.uk/suche/detail.php?masch_id=669125#

The renault I used to drive was the white limited edition model, can`t remember what model number it was ??? but what a great tractor to use. Never let us down once :)

Nectra 120-54 or 155-54 sound about right?

Thanks Graeme. Thats the common opinion I'm getting from talking to people, no trouble if they are maintained correctly and very little in the way electronic gizmo's to get a gremlin in :)

Just spoke to my mate at the local dealers who were Renault before Claas went in, he reckons the 106-54 is bombproof if serviced regularly and that 40k was still an optional extra on these up until the day they were discontinued :o

He says it's ideal for what I want it for and has he used to be a contractor himself as well I'm inclined to go with him on it

You hadn't found this one in Ireland yet.......

http://www5.tractorpool.co.uk/suche/detail.php?masch_id=669125#

I was just looking at the dealers page - some cheaper stuff there ;) ;) ;)