Renault 106-54TL

Gav836

Bit stumped now, the one I've found has a 30k box in it, now the condition of it can only be described as factory fresh. Now unsure on this one, if its like other Renaults it will still do nearer 40k on that box (my 836 used to do 27/8mph on a 40k box), wondering if this can be overlooked due to the plus points :-\

Here's the tractor anyway, any of our Somerset members seen it in their yard?

http://www.bigwoodagri.co.uk/view.aspx?id=146

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant tractors gav really especially as have 540 and 1000rpm PTO's  ;D ;D  But the clutch's are horid so heavy put it this way i had a bigger left leg after spending a very long day straw stacking with one :D :D

But ours is a 30K box and is VERY  slow :D

Brilliant tractors gav really especially as have 540 and 1000rpm PTO's  ;D ;D  But the clutch's are horid so heavy put it this way i had a bigger left leg after spending a very long day straw stacking with one :D :D

But ours is a 30K box and is VERY  slow :D

I have driven them before and beileve me the clutch is very light compared to a 110-90 :D :D

At the end of the day 40k is ok for trailer work but hang a hedgecutter on it and it could get shook to pieces at that speed :-\

Bit stumped now, the one I've found has a 30k box in it, now the condition of it can only be described as factory fresh. Now unsure on this one, if its like other Renaults it will still do nearer 40k on that box (my 836 used to do 27/8mph on a 40k box), wondering if this can be overlooked due to the plus points :-\

tris or marcus would be closest mate, give one a bell they may be able to help you out??

I have driven them before and beileve me the clutch is very light compared to a 110-90 :D :D

At the end of the day 40k is ok for trailer work but hang a hedgecutter on it and it could get shook to pieces at that speed :-\

Damn 110-90 is getting a bashing again >:(

Yes I have thanks Colm, looks ok but the phrase lazy starter worries me, ok so it could be the battery but if it isn't it'll be down to poor sevicing as those engines are bomb proof if they're properly maintained, would mean some hefty bills :-\

Yes I have thanks Colm, looks ok but the phrase lazy starter worries me, ok so it could be the battery but if it isn't it'll be down to poor sevicing as those engines are bomb proof if they're properly maintained, would mean some hefty bills :-\

I'd agree with you there as well :(

I've just spoken to a local dealer on the phone who has taken in a 1999 Renault 155-54 on part exchange, it's done 4993 hrs and its been fully maintained by the dealer for all its life, 1 owner/driver as well, very clean with excellent tyres and the basic 40k 16x16 gearbox like in the 106-54, not the fancy and more troublesome tractoshift one, so I think I'm going out for a trip later in the week to take a look at it. Ok so the hours are higher than the 106-54 but with a proven history I think its worth more anyway, what do you lot think ???

I've just spoken to a local dealer on the phone who has taken in a 1999 Renault 155-54 on part exchange, it's done 4993 hrs and its been fully maintained by the dealer for all its life, 1 owner/driver as well, very clean with excellent tyres and the basic 40k 16x16 gearbox like in the 106-54, not the fancy and more troublesome tractoshift one, so I think I'm going out for a trip later in the week to take a look at it. Ok so the hours are higher than the 106-54 but with a proven history I think its worth more anyway, what do you lot think ???

like you said earlier on in the topic mate, if looked after the renualts are pretty much bombproof, nothing venture nothing gained, no harm in looking

like you said earlier on in the topic mate, if looked after the renualts are pretty much bombproof, nothing venture nothing gained, no harm in looking

There is a farmer near me and he does round bale contracting and doesn't believe in maintaining machines, he uses a renault on the baler and it is BOMBPROOF ha ha!, the amount of abuse that tractor gets and she still goes and starts on the first turn of the key!!!

Good luck with the test drive!!!

Noel

Basic box is 2 ranges of four gears with a single splitter giving 16 forward and 16 reverse gears much like Ford's Dual Power system, Tractoshift had 3 splits with a complicated operating system than could be troublesome so this is much better :)

This one's been hanging around there yard for about the last year or so always in farmers trader as well  ;) ;) ;)

This one's been hanging around there yard for about the last year or so always in farmers trader as well  ;) ;) ;)

I didn't realise it had been there that long :o :o Guess no one wants a 30k transmission anymore :-\

Been park up the side for ages looked clean and tidy enough  ;) ;) ;)

Was thinking of seeing if I could get to see it at the weekend as I'm down that way anyway, tough decision as 30k isn't ideal :-\

Was thinking of seeing if I could get to see it at the weekend as I'm down that way anyway, tough decision as 30k isn't ideal :-\

THey've only got a little fence as well so won't matter if its closed  ;) ;) ;) long drive back though  :D :D