At Work With Powerstar - Contracting

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm snapping loads of pictures lately, and then when I get a bit of spare time i'm going to pick all the best ones and post them up here. For the time being I took one on my phone yesterday of my 65 & West Trailer with quite a heavy load!! The sprung drawbar doesn't seem the healthiest with a full load up  :o:D :D

oh right ill look out for you. you've got a fair bit of wrapping to do then   :D

Yeah will be fairly well pushed for the next 3 months I should of thought, and with wrap being nearly £50 a roll, I'm going to be using a fair amount of moneys worth!!

We run 2 wrappers, me on the 991BE and we have a 998 for the Square bales and rounds if needed.

thats a hell of a lot of money then. how many wraps do you use in a typical day then?

thats also quite a large load! that drawbar don't look healthy :D

I do 18 covers which wraps the whole bale evenly once, and it usually works out 26 bales to 1 roll of wrap give or take a few. So in a 20 hour day I expect to wrap 200+ meaning I can easily go through 8+ rolls or wrap which works out at £400 a day on just wrap.

I think the drawbar needs a bit of TLC! Got a bit saggy!  :D

nice load, Luke. Nice evening shot too mate. If I can ever find my dman camera lead I may get some photos up too  >:(::)

Cheers Tris, Was a fine evening for it, carting on a hour round trip, 6 of us so only did 2 loads out of 19 acres, so not too pushed.

Yeah would like to see some pics when you can  :)

Great pictures, I always seem to miss the good topics  ;)

Pg23 1st picture made my day alittle bit bighter  ;)

whats the numbers on that Deutz Agrotron?Do you still have it out and about ? 

That particular Deutz Agrotron was a 150 Profiline on a 08 Plate.

We currently take new Deutz's off of a local dealer, put 400 hours on them and then they get exported, so they change regularly, Currently we have a Agrotron M620 with the silver roof  :)

Hows the M620 going for you?

Is she profiline or standard?

Do you go on it much?

I like the joystick's, there easy and useful (PowerComS lever if you want to get technical)  ::)

Also May I ask why you add 400 hours and send them on through?

Do you go on it much?

I like the joystick's, there easy and useful (PowerComS lever if you want to get technical)  ::)

did you ever get pics of your tractors ?

Do you go on it much?

The M is a profiline, and we did have a bit of trouble with the shuttle not selecting reverse, and something to do with a loss of power, to which a laptop was plugged in to fix it  ::)

And I have no idea about the export thing, All I know is that they only export used tractors. So I suppose we just 'use' them a bit.

I do go on it sometimes, I did last year more when  carting silage on a 2hour round trip because of the 50k.

Dealing with AM & SM Parris then Luke?

Nope, Blakewell Services for the Deutz.

did you ever get pictures of your tractors ?

Which pictures did you mean CJ?