Anyone know the name of this mower?

James T

Unfortunately I don't have a photograph, but I saw this on a British TV programme in the '80's.  It might have been a JF, similar to a Fieldfarer, but the 'unique' feature was that it had a reel on it.  Rather odd looking thing!  Ring any bells?

Unfortunately I don't have a photograph, but I saw this on a British TV programme in the '80's.  It might have been a JF, similar to a Fieldfarer, but the 'unique' feature was that it had a reel on it.  Rather odd looking thing!  Ring any bells?

Nope not even the door one  :( :( :( :(

We have a 16ft newholland one its the bigest piece of SH (you know what) it cant go 5 acres wirthout breaking down but i think we have really done her in now were gettin a disc mower for next season

Yeah, somehow they don't look the most robust of machines  :D

Well now, I've dealt with a few of those dealers  :)

The little NH 479 towards the bottom of the page, we've had 4 of those since we came to Canada. Kinda high maintenance but they get the job done. Sickle-cut machines are no use when the crop is wet and tangled or worse still, when there are mole hills in the hay field, hence the growing popularity of disc mowers.

• 2 weeks later...