Claas Jaguar 980

Powerstarâ„¢

the whole my chopper's bigger than your chopper thing's hotting up then, thought it was only krone that was up in the 1000 hp league  ::) 12 tons in 40 seconds :o :o, its just getting ridiculous, who the hell has the acerage and associated hauling squad to keep this monster going, you would need a fleet of 20 tractors and trailers just to make sure it didn't stand idle for more than 5 minutes ::) oh well, onwards and upwards :D

a contractor near us had a claas forager on trial this season,870 h.p.,two v10 engines,it took 5x3 meter swathes at 11 miles an hour it was a beast in the grass,the hardest part is keeping the pit rolled it comes in that fast it took two jcb 416's all their time to push the grass up fast enough

Are we going to see Terra tracks on these things? SPFHs seem to be getting heavier and heavier. New Holland proposing 1,200hp possible in the new harvester, where will this end ???

yes, i've often wondered how long it's going to be before they turn up wearing tracks

yes, i've often wondered how long it's going to be before they turn up wearing tracks

Don't know how well that would work on grass as the tracks would be likely to chew the headlands up when turning on them :-\

Not a massive market here,

The whole driver tends to be the bio mass market in europe, massive t/hr and you dont worry about the clamp man..

Also if it is for bio mass you could go for trucks etc.

Not a realistic market in the uk though.

Are we going to see Terra tracks on these things? SPFHs seem to be getting heavier and heavier. New Holland proposing 1,200hp possible in the new harvester, where will this end ???

. ... . with a very loud bang I reckon!!  :D

It is silly the horses they are lining up under these machines but like Jez said it is all in time for the huge acerages of biofuels already being harvested and the acres due to be planted with the stuff.