extreme trimming

batcher

Or in other words let,s call in a contractor .When i got there the chap said it had not been done for three years and we are building a new riding school and the contractors will not take there lorrys up there  ::) Then i see why three quarters of a mile up and back :o

this is the first sighting of the track

SUNP0005-2.jpg

not so bad

SUNP0007-2.jpg

then up a little bit

SUNP0006-1.jpg

these next 2 pics are at the same time

SUNP0008-1.jpg

SUNP0009-1.jpg

just been called for dinner i will post more after ::)

Nice bit of work done there :);)

I have to say they are my favourite trimming jobs though, can really see where you have been afterwards, I get more satisfaction out of whacking back overgrown hedges like that than annual ones at times :)

Thanks yes i agree the little jobs are the best normally a cup of tea and biccy but the look on peoples faces when you start trimming there hedge is always a picture and seeing this year i have been trimming for about five weeks solid now apart from 2 days r bailing in between .On friday it took me 8 hrs to go around a 15 acre field with 2 sides only needing sideing up  :o three years growth  ::) But i still have my nice little sunday afternoon job in the middle of swindon to do all little car park hedges

All the hedges apart from roadside and footpath ones were on a 3 year rotation where I used to work, used to knock the stuffing out of the trimmer so all our fields took a long while to get round, getting a decent finish on them was the challenge :-\

hate jobs like that, you end up loosing mirrors, lights and ariels >:( looks like you made a good job ;)  ive been cutting hedges today that have to be 2meter minimum height, kinda hard when there only 1.5 meter to start with ::) hate having to tickel them, i like to cut them back the the previous years growth. just put new flails in so making a great finnish ;D

Thanks yes i agree the little jobs are the best normally a cup of tea and biccy but the look on peoples faces when you start trimming there hedge is always a picture and seeing this year i have been trimming for about five weeks solid now apart from 2 days r bailing in between .On friday it took me 8 hrs to go around a 15 acre field with 2 sides only needing sideing up  :o three years growth  ::) But i still have my nice little sunday afternoon job in the middle of swindon to do all little car park hedges

Nigh on exactly the same as me then Stevo, 6 weeks hedge bashin everyday except for 4 days mowing and baling the other week. There just like yours too if not worse, all opencast site work, first time the hedges have been cut in 6 years do to numerous change overs, you can imagine the state there in!! Our poor McConnel PA is struggling that much were seriously looking at buying something bigger asap were not even halfway through yet :-\ :-\ I'll try get some pics of the madness :D :D

Nigh on exactly the same as me then Stevo, 6 weeks hedge bashin everyday except for 4 days mowing and baling the other week. There just like yours too if not worse, all opencast site work, first time the hedges have been cut in 6 years do to numerous change overs, you can imagine the state there in!! Our poor McConnel PA is struggling that much were seriously looking at buying something bigger asap were not even halfway through yet :-\ :-\ I'll try get some pics of the madness :D :D

I've asked Marky to post up my HYDROCUT Giraffe pics....30' reach.

It seems to be the norm nowdays for 3 year trimmings some new incentive i think  ::)

The farm i'm on at the mo trims a third of the farm each year

Yes the trimmer is having a hard time she's only 12 months old and i changed the flails around last week

a few pics of todays jobby

before

SUNP0003-3.jpg

SUNP0004-3.jpg

SUNP0005-3.jpg

the first cut

SUNP0010-2.jpg

second cut vertical

SUNP0011-2.jpg

final

SUNP0015-1.jpg

looks tatty because i brought the hedge up 16 inches

SUNP0014-2.jpg

during notice the electric fence still intact when i finished  ::)

SUNP0006-2.jpg

finished for today back to do the other side and a top run to tidy up tomorrow

SUNP0019.jpg

do you lift ya roller up for doing hedges? i find it helps no end to get a clean cut finish ;) spearhead do a hyd controllled one, im tempted to get it retro fitted :-\  change from hedges for me 2morro after 4 months, im moving 360* diggers around with a jd 6820 and low loader, taking a 9 ton, dropping it off, then moving a 11 ton on weeding duties to the next job then back to the original sight to move a 7 ton back to the yard ;D  thats if i end up doing it, if not i will be driving a 19 ton volvo loading shovel :)  then back to flailing on thursday :(

do you lift ya roller up for doing hedges? i find it helps no end to get a clean cut finish ;) spearhead do a hyd controllled one, im tempted to get it retro fitted :-\  change from hedges for me 2morro after 4 months, im moving 360* diggers around with a jd 6820 and low loader, taking a 9 ton, dropping it off, then moving a 11 ton on weeding duties to the next job then back to the original sight to move a 7 ton back to the yard ;D  thats if i end up doing it, if not i will be driving a 19 ton volvo loading shovel :)  then back to flailing on thursday :(

If you do Mike you must get pics!!

Were abouts have you been hedgecutting because ive seen a jd hedgecutting around thorn burstwick area alot recently.

Some pics from Mr Nigel Ford... he'll do the narrative I'm sure  :)

HYDROCUT_Giraffe.jpg

HYDROCUT_Giraffeoffside.jpg

This posting Ford pics has got to stop  >:(

HYDROCUT Giraffe:30' reach seen here at Netherfield Hill Farm which we took over in the late 80's where the hedges were up to 120' wide including blown trees from the "hurricane" nothing had been done to the farm for 30+yrs other than a few cows roaming the ever decreasing grass that had been swamped by brambles and bracken from the "lines of trees" that were once hedges. This bit had actually been cut back by the electricity board a few years earlier but was the best place to catch the unit with the camera as I was mostly too busy pushing up all the felled timber with the FIAT-ALLIS. Shame I couldn't get it on full stretch taking off tree limbs. IT was Martin Ansell's set-up from near Dover, I managed to twist his arm to come the 40+ miles as it was a big job and we had the machine to keep the headlands cleared fast enough for further passes. He worked the saw up and down about 10' as he crept along, rather than at one level for several passes round the field.

You will notice that the saw head is way out front for excellent vision. I've got brochures somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Well on friday i found myself in a very unusal place

steve1081.jpg

at the end of a runway  :o

steve1084.jpg

steve1090.jpg

intresting not  ::)

steve1085.jpg

because every few mins a plane would go over my head  :o

steve1086.jpg

steve1087.jpg

steve1088.jpg

going away

steve1089.jpg

glad to get the job done the amount of people who stopped to take pics was unreal  :o

i had to keep stopping they just stopped there cars in my way all the time  ::)