UH MF 5480

Fenside MF

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived yesterday - thanks to Geoff at Top Tractor.

Definitely worth the wait - best MF ever. Well worth it even if you're not an MF fan (must be mad not to be  ;)).

Now just need to order a couple more...

Jon

Cracking second post Jon.. welcome aboard buddy.. can't argue with any of that  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone who has the 5480 be kind enough to put a picture up of this steering problem as I'm thinking of buying one but am also thinking of waiting until the standard box comes as maybe the problem may have been sorted by whenever that comes ???

here you go jamie, it tips the op rear wheel of the deck to the way you turn the steering, or if that is held down the front tips the wheel of to, so it basicly wont sit flat, easy to fix mind, just remove the plastic prop shaft that goes to the front axel on the underside, remove the 2 screws that hold the steering arm to the hubs and it drops out, snip the lug off that goes up into the chassi(connects the the steering wheel) and refit the screws and prop, job done

DSCF0028-1.jpg

DSCF0029-3.jpg

DSCF0027-2.jpg

here you go jamie, it tips the op rear wheel of the deck to the way you turn the steering, or if that is held down the front tips the wheel of to, so it basicly wont sit flat, easy to fix mind, just remove the plastic prop shaft that goes to the front axel on the underside, remove the 2 screws that hold the steering arm to the hubs and it drops out, snip the lug off that goes up into the chassi(connects the the steering wheel) and refit the screws and prop, job done

Have done one of mine, works well thanks Sean 8) 8) 8)

thats weird, mine just fell out?? prehaps it was bust already then?? if not just twist it with a pair of pliers, dead center mind, that should also break the lug without harming the actuall arm

I will when I'm feeling brave  ;D