Powerfarm Question

MDFord

The only Powerfarm models I've got are the TW35 and theVicon,Howard spreader & Maschio. The TW still works a treat as well.

Has anyone got the NH combine and Claas forager, who could post some pics showing what differences/working features they have got. I'd be interested to see.

What was the reason that the Powerfarm range was discontinued after 2 or 3 years, were they not a good seller? or not enough profit from them, or were they unreliable from new with lots of "returns"

the most stupid thing is i own all the models but have only ever got the county out the box!!!!! hmmmm im interested now to see what they do, i dont think there is any lights i think the forage harvestor just goes both ways but can make the front move too??

havent got them anymore but from memory i think they had only some lights on the front top of cab that lit up and they were able to drive forward only?? :-\ :-\ :-\

i thought the combine could go backwards to, or am i mistaken, i have 2 of the powerfarm combines, ones in the shed,as its missing the battery cover, but otherwise it all works ok

the combine has the switch on the side with a lever that puts it in gear or not, and the other one turns the lights on(cab top and beacon) and spins the reel,

the class just goes into gear and spins the pick up, that doesnt have lights

The 'Power Farm' series from Britain's consisted of the New Holland TR96 Combine in 1988 to 1989, cat number 9575 at ?16.99p. This combine was a powered version of the NH TR85 with corn (maize) header that moved forward and rearward with the switch lever. The lights also worked on the cab and the beacon on the cab roof. The header rotor turned by means of a round rubber belt on a pulley from the motor. Powered by 2? C cell 1.5V batteries.

The County 1884 black and white tractor, cat number 9324 from 189 to 1991 at ?9.50p. Forward slow gear with operating PTO for 'powered' implements. Powered by a single AA 1.5V battery

Ford TW35 blue, cat number 9321 from 1989 to 1990 at ?7.50p. Basicaly the same as the 1884.

Claas Self Propelled Forager, cat number 9323 made for one year, 1988 at ?12.50p. powered by two C cell 1.5V batteries. rotating the round switch on the side gave forward and reverse and the header operated in the same manner as the combine but there were no lights.

The implements.

Powered blue Lister Multi-Level Elevator with 'power pack' being desguised as a stack of bales, cat number 9565 made for one year, 1965 to 1966. Catalogue says at 75p. (not sure if this price is correct).

Worked off a switch in the 'bale stack'.

Vicon towed fertaliser spreader, cat number 9341, 1987 to 1991 at ?2.99.

Maschio Powered Harrow, cat number 9343, 1988 to 1991 at ?3.50.

Howard Rotospreader, cat number 9342, 1987 to 1991 at ?3.50.

These models were also issued in variuos gift set variations.

A lot of these models will still be found in very good condition and a proportion will be found boxed as they were very unreliable in working order, in fact a lot of them would never work from new so perhaps this is why Britain's never updated any or produced them for very long.  I have found in my experience that the fault with the tractors in particular was that in their construction the motor was installed up-side-down.

If anyone needs a new motor for the tractors I know how to get them but be warned, they are not cheap.

The 'Power Farm' series from Britain's consisted of the New Holland TR96 Combine in 1988 to 1989, cat number 9575 at ?16.99p. This combine was a powered version of the NH TR85 with corn (maize) header that moved forward and rearward with the switch lever. The lights also worked on the cab and the beacon on the cab roof. The header rotor turned by means of a round rubber belt on a pulley from the motor. Powered by 2? C cell 1.5V batteries.

The County 1884 black and white tractor, cat number 9324 from 189 to 1991 at ?9.50p. Forward slow gear with operating PTO for 'powered' implements. Powered by a single AA 1.5V battery

Ford TW35 blue, cat number 9321 from 1989 to 1990 at ?7.50p. Basicaly the same as the 1884.

Claas Self Propelled Forager, cat number 9323 made for one year, 1988 at ?12.50p. powered by two C cell 1.5V batteries. rotating the round switch on the side gave forward and reverse and the header operated in the same manner as the combine but there were no lights.

The implements.

Powered blue Lister Multi-Level Elevator with 'power pack' being desguised as a stack of bales, cat number 9565 made for one year, 1965 to 1966. Catalogue says at 75p. (not sure if this price is correct).

Worked off a switch in the 'bale stack'.

Vicon towed fertaliser spreader, cat number 9341, 1987 to 1991 at ?2.99.

Maschio Powered Harrow, cat number 9343, 1988 to 1991 at ?3.50.

Howard Rotospreader, cat number 9342, 1987 to 1991 at ?3.50.

These models were also issued in variuos gift set variations.

only one battery in my ones mate

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Claas SPFH........it did work and bought another on ebay,also have the non motor version boxed also off ebay.I`m pretty sure it went back and forward and the pick up did turn

I got the  white County, Ford gift set with the howard,vicon and I think the maschio in 87 ...may have been 88 actually..... a while since I`ve seen it its packed away, got the ford and howard set , ford on its own and vicon on its own  on ebay too a couple of  yrs ago. I dont remember them being very reliable .I never had the combine

what they worth nowadays in the boxes????