MODEL OF THE MOMENT..... The Brian Norman FE35 ~ and the "real deal"

has to be mate, just looks that litttle bit better finished to me

Considering the brian norman model now sells for about the ?125 mark and the uh model is only ?13.50 surely that makes the uh 1 good value for the price

• 7 months later...

Considering the brian norman model now sells for about the ?125 mark and the uh model is only ?13.50 surely that makes the uh 1 good value for the price

certainly puts it into perspective mate .

but then i f brian norman went into full scale production his would be cheaper also

mark , would appreciate it if you could put the UH & BN models head to head to compare

A question for Lord Ferguson:

I grew up driving a 4 cylinder MF 35. My Grandfather swore it wasn't a "yellowbelly" (grey and gold) because they were "soft".

Was there a grey engined 4 cylinder 35 between the FE and the 35X?

Yes indeed Stan... it was initially called the FE35 still (with the Ferguson front badge)... then later called the MF35 (with the new three tirangle logo on)...

There were a huge number of 4 cylinder 35's made in red and grey Stan - including industrial versions (but not in yellow I believe...)

Some of the later models had a modified cylinder head to assist with cold starting problems.  I've read a few times that the real problem with the 4 cylinder engine is timing... if it's out even a smidgen it makes them a pig to get going from cold

:D Now you're bringing back memories!

The 35 was always parked on a hill. It always had the water drained from the rad in the evening, and was refilled with hot water just before it was started. The procedure for starting it consisted of lighting the glow plugs, putting a shot of easy start into the air filter, and letting it roll down the hill in 6th, then letting the clutch out.

Nearly always worked!  :-[

Eventually he got sense and bought a Dexta. Started on the button every time, and could be used to pull start the 35 whenever necessary.  :-*