ground preperation for potatoes

civilpek

thanks Peter

rite well that means i need to get a ridger next, after its ploughed can you go straight in with the ridger or do you have to powerharrow it first or anything? what if the earth is all lumpy or clayey how would ridging work out then?

My local farmer (in the sooty black soilk fens) uses a one pass setup on a Deutz Agrotron I believe... I'll get some pics if I can  ;)

rite lads thanks, those pics would be interesting mark if you can get them. soil around me is quite claey in some places so it would be interesting.

i said i was going to go into the spud side of things with my models but only ever got the harvesting gear so its about time i got the planting stuff now  :)

rite lads thanks, those pics would be interesting mark if you can get them. soil around me is quite claey in some places so it would be interesting.

i said i was going to go into the spud side of things with my models but only ever got the harvesting gear so its about time i got the planting stuff now  :)

Ben... can you find the topic from "spud faces" visit that day mate  ???

I'll have a look, not sure what pics we took now ???:-\

Umm... I've had a look on my lappy... and I can't find them.... I believe we took pics of most of his kit... Infact... I think it may have been you who took them ??? - ring any bells with you Mr Cheese ???

I'll have another hunt... at work this time  :-\

Umm... I've had a look on my lappy... and I can't find them.... I believe we took pics of most of his kit... Infact... I think it may have been you who took them ??? - ring any bells with you Mr Cheese ???

I'll have another hunt... at work this time  :-\

yeah i did take them, i know they are at home on a CD, not sure where they are on here! :D :D :D