mf 41 plough

sparrow legs

• 2 weeks later...

update, had the plough in my mates workshop tonight, we got the leveling lever (front furrow adjuster) freed off thanks to a bit of heat (oxy bottles) but found it was bent so its now 95% streight and the support from the top link to the 3rd furrow had a bend in it so we took if off and made it right in the bench press ;D also freed the skimmer bolts so we can put them the right way up, hopeing to go to a ploughing match in feb so its our thursday night project at the local vintage club to get it ready ;)

im not worried about depth wheel, its more that my wheels are set at 72" centres (for hedge cutter not not easy to keep swapping)

as for parts i hope i wont need any as the metal is all 70% plus ;D all i need is a new massey ferguson decal for it an possibly a mf 41 one (depends if i shot blast it)

as for action it should be been used in anger first week in feb ;)

im not worried about depth wheel, its more that my wheels are set at 72" centres (for hedge cutter not not easy to keep swapping)

as for parts i hope i wont need any as the metal is all 70% plus ;D all i need is a new massey ferguson decal for it an possibly a mf 41 one (depends if i shot blast it)

I know a man with a few spare decals Mike  ;) - they are not that easy to come by either these days... assuming you mean the 3 triangles version  ???

any chance you could get another wheel for the tractor mike , as would think it quicker & easier to change the whole wheel ,  rather than the turning the centres ?

Depending on whether you have 12" or 14" furrows you will probably need 56 or 60 inch wheel track settings. Also on ploughs of that era the furrow width  needs to roughly correspond to the width of your tyres. Might be able to locate a copy of a manual when get back to work after new year.

David

thanks for ya replies, marky there aint the 3 triangle logo on it :o marcus, good idea about the wheel, i like it, expensive option but the easy option and dwross if you had a copy of the manual it would be great ;) marky has sent me the sales leflet on it which was very interesting.

new developments have arose yesterday, i have gone halfs with my mate on a 4furrow dowdswell reversable, i know my tractor can plough with it as ive done many an acre with it on my jd (its from were i used to work) its rough but works and for ?100 yet another bargin :P  then today ive had chance of a 3 furrow manual trip ransoms reversable so that may well have to be bought also