• Yes
    • No
    • Kind of
    • Yes with a Marky wobble!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah right yea because i was on greenmount website a while back and i fancied that but i just didnt know, wonder if they do it in easter :-\

They do, but i had my name down a year each time before i got in, Its very popular and the waiting time is getting longer i think  :-\ :-\ :-\

I have had my name down for the PTO course for a while now but you can't do it untill your 16  :-\ :-\ :-\

I find most trailers a doddle, but am absolutely hopeless with a turntable 4 wheeler. Interestingly a local haulier who regularly runs a large 4 wheel turntable trailer behind his lorry, and manages to reverse the outfit into virtually impossible locations with the utmost ease, admits he's hopeless when it comes to reversing his own car and caravan.

Four wheelers with a dolly...............me neither. Two wheelers no problem. I find short trailers are the hardest to reverse, like car luggage trailers. 45' artic trailers..........no problem. ;):)

Won a bet with a lecturer at college    years ago when he set up a course to reverse a trailer round

got through all but the last one and had to stop as the gap was 6 foot and the trailer was 7 foot

And i didnt touch the cones and won the bet

Guess how it was done    and i didnt move the cones :-\

6 lads picked one side of the trailer up as i reversed ;D

you name it i can do it i learnt to reverse a tralier when i was younger with my farm toys

at yfc i did the intermediate tractor handeling even thuogh im meant to do juniour so instead of beeing against 10 -16 year olds(jumiour) i was against 16 - 21 year olds (seniour is 21 - 26    hence the name10 26) anyway this meant i was up against people that have been driving on the road for 5 tears and were very experinced!!! well out of 30 people i came 9th which i was proper pleased with as i was 14 at the time!!!!

You must be kidding... I've not quite mastered 2 wheelers yet  :-[:D :D

If its a fixed drawbar with 2 or 4 wheels then no problem. The longer the trailer the easier it is. As for the ones with the dolly drawbar well I have tried but was very trying and I haven't mastered that although one day I would like to think I could. The only folk I know that are masters on these are the  chaps who worked in the woods with the 4 wheeled bogie or the older lorry drivers with the wagon a drags. A dream to watch someone reversing those with ease.

For a chap that works in an office 5 days a week I can do it remarkably well - more axles on the trailer the easier it is as you have more resistance - tipping trailers no problem either just let her up a bit and watch the gap and use your mirrors - also better to take your time and do it properly once rather than badly ten times ;):D

For a chap that works in an office 5 days a week I can do it remarkably well - more axles on the trailer the easier it is as you have more resistance - tipping trailers no problem either just let her up a bit and watch the gap and use your mirrors - also better to take your time and do it properly once rather than badly ten times ;):D

well said!!!!

As others have said the longer the trailer th easier.

One that took me a while to get right was reversing the tractor with trailered forage harvester and trailer on behind.

Bit of head scratchin for a bit ha ha!

Im glad of all that experience on the farm, it definately stays with your for life!

completed 2 short courses there a good few years ago.

A friend and i put our names down for the telescopic handler course but never heard anything  ???

those were the good old days.

The courses were worth attending in my opinion, made me a better, safer driver.

A bit off topic, but whats the weather like up your part of the country?

completed 2 short courses there a good few years ago.

A friend and i put our names down for the telescopic handler course but never heard anything  ???

those were the good old days.

The courses were worth attending in my opinion, made me a better, safer driver.

A bit off topic, but whats the weather like up your part of the country?

At the min showers of rain  :-\ :-\

silage/grain trailers fine...

flat beds twin or single axle fine...

artics with dollies or flats beds like it... no def not (duno if spelt right ha ha!)

made quite a few dents on the trailer n pillars at the old farm i worked at!!!