John Deere 4020 2wd axle??

David Brown 1410 power!

Question

9 answers to this question

i hope it will turn out good as ive been planing it a long time now! first ive got to get my hands on a couple of new ford 5000's one for its rear wheel's exaust and air breather! and the other for my collection! i know some one who has a lonestar secura cab weather he still has it or not i dont know but if not i know were to get my hands on a marrshal

and then its just the bonnet from a 2294 ertl model i think thats it! ive got the chassis and axle already and the primer and paints this will be my first real conversion so i will keep every one posted! ;)

Excellent idea. When we moved to a small farm from the bit of land I was dragged up on we bought a DB 1390 4WD. Dave Towse does a nice 1490 but I quite fancy doing the 1390. Would like to build up a display of all our tractors over the years - give me somewhere to park everything after it moves off the planned diorama as they are traded-in in big scale.

I've started doing it with the various Land Rovers and Discoveries I've had already.

Be very interested to see how you get on with this one, I've had a couple of bids on 2294's on ebay already for the same purpose, and a Lonestar Marshall so it's reassuring to know I was looking in the right places!

Get cracking and let's have some pics!

the jd axels quite wide with the rear part of the piviot on, so i dont think that way would workwill, prob easier tio get hold of some 1cm x 5/6 mm think startigh rod, and cut two angled wedges out drill the holes in the center of that and glue on, that way you can use the full part of the axel so you get the pivot, i have one in the shed on a jd4wd axel so will get a pic tommorrow if i remember

get some plastic like mdfords very back or very left bits ie angled l shaped and make 2 seperate plates like that, that way you will soon get the pivot of the axel to work, it will be almost like the jd chassis in looks to for the mount point

i am not sure you wil get a u shaped bit big enough given how wide the mount is on a jd axel