rape seed crops

Tractorman810

guys been racking my brain today as to when rape normally flowers?? only asking as on the way back today from north cornwall i was crawiling along behind a learner driver, and notice a field of rape just coming into bloom flower wise, seems very very early to me, but from memory he did palnt early to,as we had a wet spell so he did that ,feild was grass before ,anyonr rhink this seems a little early, or am i just getting my dates mixed and its normal

It's far too early for it to be flowering really, one really cold spell and it'll be the end of it, the flowers will die off and there'll be no pod set, there's no bees about yet to help with pollination either

It's far too early for it to be flowering really, one really cold spell and it'll be the end of it, the flowers will die off and there'll be no pod set, there's no bees about yet to help with pollination either

thats what i thought mate, was quite surprised to see it this early, deff rape got the right stems /leaves ect, and prob a good half of the field out to, not fully but deff on the turn, it has been mild if wet down here so thats prob helped it go early, but i cant se it lasting as feb/march is our usual cold spell

did actually see a bee arround the garden the other day to