My latest "Hair-Brained" idea... see what you think

Lord Ferguson

I had a demo today of this wonderful machine... And I have to say I am impressed in the extreme...

Basically it's a Mill-Sized waste baler... capable of exerting a compacting force in excess of 30 tonnes  :o - I'm looking for a new baler for work... and I got to thinking about providing a service to other companies that can't justify the cost of investment in a baler to re-cycle their wate cardboard, paper and plastics.

Of course... the only downside is that I'd have to buy a bigger tractor.. poor old Fany would snap in half just trying to pick this up  :-[

Real bummer that... but I won't let that sway my decision to purchase one...... er...... much  :D :D :D :D

As always... a pic says a 1000 words... so here they come....

First... the machine in transport mode

DSC_2774.jpg

I reckon the tractor may JUST be a little too big for this unit really  :D :D

DSC_2743.jpg

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically... we reduced around 8 pallets of rubish... 2 of which had already been compacted through my plastics baler... and made this...

just over 2 pallets  :o

DSC_2780.jpg

The top pallet was not compacted very well as it was all we had to go in the machine  :-\

The possibilities for this machine as virtually limitless... I am thinking of providing a farm service to compact farm plastics and card waste... and a service to industry as a visiting compacting service  :-\

Any questions... comments... fire away  ;)

I don't want to pee on your bonfire Mark but these are also available with a small hydraulic power pack to power them, thus eliminating the need for a nice shiney new tractor up front....... send me a paypal payment for ?500 and I'll delete this post before Mrs F see's it!  :D :D :D :D :D

Ps, was that Gav in one of the pictures??

Well I've not done a huge amount of research on the matter .... but possibly a 5445  :P;D

I went past Thurlow Nunns at Kentford today and they have a row of shiny new 5455's on industrial tyres which I assume are for Newmarket race course ;) ;)

It's not far Marky whip down there and take some pictures mate ::)

Thought so, watch that gut doesn't get caught in there Gav!  :D :D :D::);)

Oi >:( I'll have you know thats all muscle in there ::):D :D :D :D

I have to say that I was quite impressed with how much it could put into a bale, you could see the pressure building up on the plastic bale as the whole door was moving during the compacting process :o :o

I know... I've got one in the warehouse..  :D :D - she'll never notice  :D :D - just incase.. paypal payment made  ;):D :D :D

Thats is indeed Mr Gavin Winterbottom.... he had to come and have a look... as he'll be driving it  :D :D :D

Gav will need help and supervision, best i help him....and plan his daily trips ;)

sounds like a powerpack would be ideal IF you could keep the machine stable enough to exert the required pressure  to allow it to be towed around . good idea though...not much hair brained about this one especially given all the farm waste regs and cross compliance issues

Gav will need help and supervision, best i help him....and plan his daily trips ;)

:D :D :D - no probs... you can be logistics... and tea maker  :D :D - hey... you could be sales  :P;)

sounds like a powerpack would be ideal IF you could keep the machine stable enough to exert the required pressure  to allow it to be towed around . good idea though...not much hair brained about this one especially given all the farm waste regs and cross compliance issues

Thats JUST what I was hoping to hear....  ;D

What good would you be at that job for the Norfolk branch of the business..........you don't know anyone up this way :D :D :D :D ;)

its a good idear mate but will you take it away after squashing as you know how tight fisted some farmers are  ;D ;D

so you will need a waste licence  :-\

Thats true Steve... I have that one sorted  ;) - but thanks for pointing it out  :)

Taking it away is where a good 30-40% of the revenue will come from Steve  ;D