My latest "Hair-Brained" idea... see what you think

Lord Ferguson

So you like a dusty cab then and the chance of the window falling out you wait till your new shininy massey's full and dust and wet cause you've hit the back window out  ;) ;) :D :D sorry might just be me but i've had it drumed in to me to keep them shut unless hitching up etc  ??? ??? ???

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The machine works great Marky. But i see you do also chemical cans. I have worked in the chemical industrie and i only can say watch out with does cans.

Texas

The rule is they have to be 'tripple rinsed' Bas... but I know what you mean... especially having read some of the labels  :o

So you like a dusty cab then and the chance of the window falling out you wait till your new shininy massey's full and dust and wet cause you've hit the back window out  ;) ;) :D :D sorry might just be me but i've had it drumed in to me to keep them shut unless hitching up etc  ??? ??? ???

Dusty Cab  :o :o - No way... the Massey will be hermetically sealed Simon... but I won't be getting out then either... what with my slippers on and the air-con on full blast  ;D:D :D

Well... this one has been taken away for 'testing'... and long term we will be sorting the waste back at our depot... and then re-processing it (into seperate plastic types) and then sending it to a recycling agent for chipping I believe  :)

Well... this one has been taken away for 'testing'... and long term we will be sorting the waste back at our depot... and then re-processing it (into seperate plastic types) and then sending it to a recycling agent for chipping I believe  :)

so you bale it then unbale it back at the yard?? or sort it before you bale in the future then

Interesting Question Mr P... well...

Yes we will re-bale this lot... this was a 300 acre farm - so not enough to even make a bale... with all his current waste...

On sorting it.... we will be offering a sorting service (for those who are soooo lazy they want to pay me to sort it for them)... and for others... we will be offering a cheaper service for the collection of screened waste...

Where it gets interesting is in 1000 acre plus farms... they have enough for a few bales (I guess)... so it will be sorted and baled... or just baled on site mate  :)

mmm hard choice aint it, do you just bring it back and sort before you bale or not eh, i guess its worth it as some plastics will prob get more value in recycling than others ?? and card ect will go seperate to, 

Indeedy... the card will go with my 3-4t per week that I generate myself  ;)

Will it not be a bit of a fiddle separating card and plastic after it's been baled? I would get the farmer to sort it.

Especially chemical containers - even triple rinsed will still have a tiny bit active and some water in them.

All the foils should be off them too as they are still classed as hazardous....

Being boring I know. It does do a great job though!  ;)

Looks like funn marky. So you getting many jobs then??

we are not up and running yet Kris... but we soon will be (Late May I suspect)... we are getting a fair number of enquiries so far... and we've not really started yet  :o - signs are that it's looking promising at the minute mate  ;)

now thats some compaction!!!, still amazed at what it can do! ;);D

It is... to be honest... so am I Ben... I thought I'd made a balls up today... when I turned up with just 4 metal ties in the baler.. and no more to bale off... That would only give me 2 bales... as in 1 tied properly.. and one in the machine loose to take away.... I thought I may JUST get away with it.. but I couldn't believe I'd get it all in half a bale (which is what that is)...

Roll on Massey Ferguson 5445  :P :P - 5 weeks to go I reckon.. fingers crossed  ;D