TM810 290 for real

MJB1

If I remember I will take my camera over my mates yard tomorrow, they buy and export MF's specialsing in 135/165/200/300/500 and 600 series Masseys and a fair few 2000 series. Anything else goes but these are the bread and butter. At the moment they have 18 290's ready to go, cabs off, new wellies, paint, rebuild etc. One is a 4wd and that is a very pretty little thing. Aswell as numerous other models. Who wants a Ford 3600? They havnt got one but its the sort of thing that they'd get in a sale or something. It's a yard full of prizes and surprises. Will post something Thursday I expect.

If I remember I will take my camera over my mates yard tomorrow, they buy and export MF's specialsing in 135/165/200/300/500 and 600 series Masseys and a fair few 2000 series. Anything else goes but these are the bread and butter. At the moment they have 18 290's ready to go, cabs off, new wellies, paint, rebuild etc. One is a 4wd and that is a very pretty little thing. Aswell as numerous other models. Who wants a Ford 3600? They havnt got one but its the sort of thing that they'd get in a sale or something. It's a yard full of prizes and surprises. Will post something Thursday I expect.

who's that then ?

C M Howard and Sons know'em? Today we loaded up their artic with 12 590 cabs, after stripping them of any last minute requisitions. ie, window pane's, spool blocks, door frames etc. Most of the 290's started life as a 590. Off to some African country I think.

The youngest son does ebay for all that kind of stuff  >:(

That said I'm sure the odd badge here and there wouldnt hurt, that said I'm sure the odd panel here and there wouldnt hurt. THAT said I'm sure the odd tractor here and there wouldnt hurt!!!! Requests please!!!

Got a nice 1996 Bomford hedgetrimmer at the moment with an equally nice 690 in the spray shop MJB1. .. .. . .... They get down Cornwall a fair bit on straw in the summer aswell as to farm sales anywhen elst mjB1, white ERF EC11 (I think) with Cormach crane coupled to an MF red Dennison tri-axle plant trailer. Unit is stickered up but difficult to read untill it's pretty close. The load usually gives it away though.

Tell ya what, the 2000's they have in the yard now are in pretty good nick. The thing with the 500 and 2000 is the doors. After a few years they refuse to shut unless you have them open on haymaking and your hand on the fender. Then they shut perfect. . with your fingers providing a secure and firm seal!! Have to say, a god 2680 or 2745 still looks formidable now. The cabs we binned today were an example of a typical 500 cab. Most of the doors had rotted out along the tops, as on the back windows. The lower rear windows were siezed, although we saved three in pretty good condition. Apparantly they are hard to come by. The corners of the side windows were shot. Still, waste not want not. I'm sure with the gubbins (word of the day??!!) we kept, a few more 590's will survive. Or 290's if the Howards keep up the trend!!

Wouldnt disagree with that. They're a hard working family and have won prizes for ingnuity and diversification in NFU, local press, FW and the like. Fair play to them etc etc but from a sentimental point of view if a company can get through 300 tractors a year, mainly MF with the body of them going overseas it does make life hard for the true fan and collector. All the parts used to refurbish these tractors are Turkish by the way.  >:(