My MF 398 is traded in !

Fendt Fahrer

Yesterday I traded in my MF 398 4WD no cab, with allied loader and 5100 hrs. It was a good tractor but started to have too many problems. :'( :'( We still have one Massey, a 399 2WD with cab. The 399 has over 6000 hours with no major repairs. We all prefered the 399 to the 398 by quit the margin. I guess the fact it is a 6 cykinder over a 4cyl turbo cant be underestimated. ;)

Nice! 8) Is it a HiTec one? Does the loader have joystick control?

No it's not a high tech but it does have joystick control on the loader.

how many hours on the clock when you got it any pics of your new yoke.

it has just over 4000 hours. I wish I could have found one with a few less hours, but I just couldnt afford any of the less used ones.  When I have some pictures I will post them.

No it's not a high tech but it does have joystick control on the loader.

it has just over 4000 hours. I wish I could have found one with a few less hours, but I just couldnt afford any of the less used ones.  When I have some pictures I will post them.

Much like the one we have out from the dealer on loan at the moment so, can't remember the year but its only got 2500 hours on it. It has a Tanco T100 with joystick control on it which is OK but the loader is not a real nice fit on the tractor. HiTech would be preferable for loader work as you geta lighter clutch and left-hand fingertip shuttle, but you do get used to the other system. We have a 6550 with Stoll loader and HiTech bought but we have to wait for the previous owner to get his new tractor before he trades it in to the dealer, so we got the 6400 in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

nice looking tractor, is that a bale spike fitted to the underneath of the bucket there??? not sen that before

Yes. I will be looking for a bale spike attachment to the quick attach, because in the summer it is handier without the bucket. In the winter I need the bucket a lot to scrape the yard free of snow and ice.

clean looking machine there, bit warmer in the winter than your 398 i guess. could you tell me about your farm, type, acres, location ect pretty please  ???

The farm is in southwestern Quebec, Canada. I milk about 25 purebred Brown Swiss cows , raise about 40 replacement heifers and I own 100 acres rent another 100 and also help with the fieldwork on my dads farm which is 260 acres. He has also a Cow calf operation, raising purebred Simmenthal.

Nice the fendt in the background looks nice too

That is my Fendt 716 it has about 1000 hrs on the clock.

clean looking machine there, bit warmer in the winter than your 398 i guess. could you tell me about your farm, type, acres, location ect pretty please  ???

The farm is in southwestern Quebec, Canada. I milk about 25 purebred Brown Swiss cows , raise about 40 replacement heifers and I own 100 acres rent another 100 and also help with the fieldwork on my dads farm which is 260 acres. He has also a Cow calf operation, raising purebred Simmenthal.

did you move to canada or are you from there origionaly ??? any chance of more pics

Do you have any pics of the farm - i am in the process of making a swiss/austrian farm display  :)

No I dont really have taken any pictures of the farm, but I was asked this Question before on this forum so I will take some this summer ( too much snow now to show anything). I will then post them. Sorry

Can ypu post some pictures of your display, I am curious since I was born in switzerland.

did you move to canada or are you from there origionaly ??? any chance of more pics

My parents and my siblings imigrated from Switzreland in 1979.

Nice new purchase AV  ;)

The Fendt has quite a big pre-cleaner doesn't it, can you explain why?

for some reason most of the 700 series tractors have this big pre cleaner in North America. Maybe it is because of the dusty condition in many places. Although it is definitly not dusty were I am from.

Nice tidy tractor, I like the novel bale spike attachment to the bucket. Never see one like that before, I like it.  :)

This bale spike is really handy and cheap too. It takes about i minute to attach it to the bucket. Just slide it over the edge odthe bucket wrap the chain around the bucket and put pin in and voila the loader is ready to handle the big bales. Total cost: about 300 dollars. I have used this spike now for about 12 years. The only trouble with the Alo Quick attach is that the chain has to go around the bucket and the quick attach mechanism is in the way. So to not damage it I can not place the spike in the center of the bucket . Oh well in the winter when I only needto handle a few bales a day that is not a problem, but for the summer when the bales have to come of the field as quick as possible I will need a real spike.