Claas Tucano 450

Goodhead

Page working now- probably something this end, the old Home hub is up to its old tricks again!  I think it was Monday I ordered one from the Claas shop, have also ordered one from Geoff too, as I thought it would be getting on for next month before it came from Claas, and i have no patience!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to make a quick trip to Honiton so called in the Claas dealers and spoke to the Parts Manager (a keen model farm collector).  Claas had 400 Tucano's airfreighted into Germany, these are the ones being sent out now.  Another 2600 coming by sea due late July.  So there will 3000 in dealer boxes. 

Factory closed down 2nd & 3rd weeeks in August.

Hi

To answer your questions...

Header attachment is via two ball ended lugs, a little fiddly to engage into the plastic header given the delicacy of the model but positive enough to hold securely once in place. Removal is easier and simpler.

Personally, I'm really chuffed with the model - loads of detail as we've seen on the UH Europa and Matador - but a little disappointed that the grain tank cover does not open but I have thoughts on that subject!  ;)

Rating the model? Easily a 9 out of 10. Had the grain tank cover opened it would have been a 10. It makes the Siku 600 and Norscot 580 look very basic and toy-like, and for not much extra money on top of what you'd pay for the 580 or 600. Trailer detail equally impressive, right down to the foldable taillights.

Worth the money? As a diehard Claas fan, very much so. As a collector of farm models, if you want a modern combine then definitely. As stated above, for the additional cash on top of the price of a Siku Lexi 600, def worth paying the extra for the level of detailing.

My only other (personal) anticlimax is that unlike the Siku Lexion 600 the Tucano doesn't lend itself to adding remote control... the detailing is such that adding a second linkage for RC steering would be very obvious. However, as with the tank cover, I shall ponder the possibilities. Watch this space!

Interesting to hear about the 400 in circulation - if I'd bought one more I'd have 1% of the total number in Europe...  ;D  Any other queries/questions/etc, let me know!

/malc.

I think delivery may have been attempted of the one I ordered today as well - I tend to go in and out of the back door so didn't notice a card stuck under the front door from DPD courier - it was international so assume was the Tucano...

Just called in the local Claas delaers.  The Tucano is still not available from Claas UK so couldn't order one as I wanted.  However they now have a UK price for it, just under £42 plus VAT so it will cost just over £50 from a UK Claas dealer. 

Looks like the end of July before I can order.

Just called in the local Claas delaers.  The Tucano is still not available from Claas UK so couldn't order one as I wanted.  However they now have a UK price for it, just under £42 plus VAT so it will cost just over £50 from a UK Claas dealer. 

Looks like the end of July before I can order.

Toptractor had them.

I had ordered one from him but Claas only airfreighted 400 into the country.

He is expecting another load at the end on July.

Toptractor had them.

I had ordered one from him but Claas only airfreighted 400 into the country.

He is expecting another load at the end on July.

The airfreighted 400 all went to Claas Germany, now sold out.  Claas UK awaiting their allocation of the remaining 2600 due in the next few days.

And what do you think of it Mate? Pleased?

very, i bit had fallen off postie hadnt exactly been carefull with it, only the green disc over the side of the motor, nothing serious, been out of the box for a quick look, otherwise shes not coming out of the polly protection, will saty twisited in along with the other class dealer stuff i have

• 2 months later...

Okay - header is 25cm wide overall

Combine 10.9cm wide at front wheels (with ladder in transport position)

Can't get height spot on with ruler I've got but its about 13cm

Hope this helps!

That's great! Exactly what i need. Was wanting them to find if she would go into my shed or down my lane on my layout!

Thanks again.