One of these days: 2008-02-16

Richard de Florennes

what was thought to be just a shourt journey to the last remaining carrot field just three miles from home turned out to become a full farming day ...

It began rather disappointing however: Passing that last carrot field I saw that the last 20 rows of carrots witness a few days ago had disappeared - so I missed the carrot harvest there, I thought.

Although I was not in the mood anoymore for further daventures I continued the journey, but there was no activity on the fields that morning until finding this one after some 20 minutes driving ...

post-1013-132638703974_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638703983_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then by pure chance I passed the homebase of the company owning the carrot field mentioned above, and after taking some pictures outside I was invited inside, making up for some nice photo opportunities and I was also informed that the carrots of "my" field had not been harvested anymore but taher just "ploughed" down with a chain harrow, as quality was not good anymore. Also I was informed that carrot seeding is about to begin and that one competitor, the largest carrot farmer in Germany was drilling carrots already that very day ...

IMG 4410 is that the forager that ratherolderen has just bought from britainstoys.dk?

When all the machines are parked up in the sheds like that it all looks so clean and well organised. The 10 series Deere with the plough makes for a nice photo  8)

When all the machines are parked up in the sheds like that it all looks so clean and well organised. The 10 series Deere with the plough makes for a nice photo  8)

well organized, that is really typical German, hm ...

Anyway, after passing this two Fendts I found another Fendt not far away - this time active; a Favorit 309 LSA barely able to pull the 3-furrow-plough trough the wet, heavy and compacted soil ...

well organized, that is really typical German, hm ...

Your not wrong there!! Which is why even John Deere to the managers from the german JD factories over to America to reorganise them. I found the same for the Dutch when we visited a big contractor there while I was at college.

Then some 12 miles no activity on the fields until almost at home, when I was really shaken by the sight of the tractors working together on one field. Though I normally do not like mixtures of different brands working together (see also my farm dioramas/your modell farms) this mixture was great in my eyes however: