Potatoe planting with massey boy

Massey Boy

i was just wonering whats the pink stuff on the potoatos called and what dose it do

though i would post it here instead of starting a new topic

thanks ;) ;)

It's a form of chemical seed treatment, I'm sure ctsboy can fill you in with more information on it, all of our seed is untreated so can't help you anymore than that

Hi Massey Boy

The pink powder on the seed potatoes is called Monceren and is a seed treatment for the control of Black scurf and stem canker. It is applied to the tubers in the planter off the top of my head it is normally 1kg of product to 1000kg of seed. It is spread of the seed as the planter is filled and continues to spread over the seed as the planter works.

James

Hi Massey Boy

The pink powder on the seed potatoes is called Monceren and is a seed treatment for the control of Black scurf and stem canker. It is applied to the tubers in the planter off the top of my head it is normally 1kg of product to 1000kg of seed. It is spread of the seed as the planter is filled and continues to spread over the seed as the planter works.

James

thanks thats a great help i think you are right

• 4 months later...