two hours relief driving and i trashed it!!!!!!!!!

ford 8830

Hpoe not my fault have not got ?5000 in loose change to pay for the new one :o :o :o

Was just turning on the headland and she stopped lose of traction. Must have got something wedged in there :o :o :o

Subsioling the beetland headlands so was not to hard for it on the plough. Juat one of those things i guess ??? ???

tough luck s??t happens though especially with tractors no matter how experienced you are stuff goes wrong now and then, could well have been weakend for a while  ???, i dont have much experience of tracks so am not really sure how well they cope with ware and tear and how expensive it is to up keep them, id imagine though ground conditions would have to be pretty good for them??? does the benefits of tracks really justify their cost compared to tyres?

tough luck s??t happens though especially with tractors no matter how experienced you are stuff goes wrong now and then, could well have been weakend for a while  ???, i dont have much experience of tracks so am not really sure how well they cope with ware and tear and how expensive it is to up keep them, id imagine though ground conditions would have to be pretty good for them??? does the benefits of tracks really justify their cost compared to tyres?

Having switched to tracks on our two prime movers Combine and tractor) would say so, on the lexion we can go places others wouldnt dare as proved this summer but main reason is you can rarely see were the combine has been leaves little mark so great for us on a direct drilling/min-till seeding regime.  But then on the challenger the grunt you can put down is unbelievable having got a 350hp challenger nothing else can put power down having tried it along side many big fendts, jds and magnums it will outpull every time unless wet loose surface.  All down to the system your on and if you need the grunt and have the acreage to take up the extra initial cost of tracks

OUCH to me it looks like the steel belting has snapend, proberly been snaged at some stage and streched with out been noticed and you got a rock under the idler or roller and she went twang under the added strech, Its just one of the risks with rubber tracks, I personlay hate them becouse they are so easy to pop of or rip up, im a steel man personaly,

Richard I'm sure if there are any cross words said it will be because of the cost not blame. I know a Lexion TT is a ?30k job for a set of tracks so I expect this track alone will be near two thirds of that. As far as your concerned though mate, think of it this way; If you were diving a wheeled machine you would call it a puncture. ;)

Richard I'm sure if there are any cross words said it will be because of the cost not blame. I know a Lexion TT is a ?30k job for a set of tracks so I expect this track alone will be near two thirds of that. As far as your concerned though mate, think of it this way; If you were diving a wheeled machine you would call it a puncture. ;)

Isn't that for the whole system though Tris?

Don't worry about it ford8830, sure it was rotten anyhow ;D ;D

All is well Cat have agreed to pay 75% of the cost as they say there is a fault in the track :o :o

The guy who came out said they had a few that just shredded recently????

I really like the machine and will pull like a train. We have 6m solo and press hooked up in summer and she will cruise along at 8 k. :) :)

The thing i do not like is all the rubber you leave on the road when you move. Need a ring fence farm 8)???

The 580 tracks are good when its dry but this year had to do really shallow turns on headland to stop making tank trapps ::) ::)::)

Student kept falling in them ;D ;D ;D ;D

All is well Cat have agreed to pay 75% of the cost as they say there is a fault in the track :o :o

The guy who came out said they had a few that just shredded recently????

I really like the machine and will pull like a train. We have 6m solo and press hooked up in summer and she will cruise along at 8 k. :) :)

The thing i do not like is all the rubber you leave on the road when you move. Need a ring fence farm 8)???

The 580 tracks are good when its dry but this year had to do really shallow turns on headland to stop making tank trapps ::) ::)::)

Student kept falling in them ;D ;D ;D ;D

Whew what a relief that must be.  It could not really be your fault but there is always that nagging doubt that niggles...

wow yere lucky.  ??? man how can a farmer/cpntractor justify spending ?30k on a set of tracks for a combine though, youd want to be doing some acres to make that up, even for a tractor as in the case above its crazy money and as id imagine they are much more susceptible to ware and damage, i know they have there merits obviously but i dont think i could ever run them if i was contractor id get no sleep with worry and stress  ;D ;D, incidently when getting my digger a while back we worked out a deal where we were getting bran new wide pads for slightly over €1000.

wow yere lucky.  ??? man how can a farmer/cpntractor justify spending ?30k on a set of tracks for a combine though, youd want to be doing some acres to make that up, even for a tractor as in the case above its crazy money and as id imagine they are much more susceptible to ware and damage, i know they have there merits obviously but i dont think i could ever run them if i was contractor id get no sleep with worry and stress  ;D ;D, incidently when getting my digger a while back we worked out a deal where we were getting bran new wide pads for slightly over ?1000.

We used to/still do wonder how it is justified, but they sure are popular with our combine customers. Some of the reasons we are given are less compaction, better traction, better stability ( long unloader spouts ,hilly ground and soft tyres can equal nervous driver), less stress on the drive train and a lot easier to travel on the road due to less width and improved ride comfort.