Hymac 580

smish

Question for all you plant guys, can anyone tell me the difference between the hymac 580C and the 580D

also, do any of these has the modern type control levers, or do both use hand controls and foot pedals?

thanks,

No, But I know a man who can... ;):) Martin Henley who makes the 1/24th JCBs and used to make HYMAC models all in plastic/resin.

My first track machine was a Hymac 580 (think it was a C), and the controls were nothing like my second (third, fourth, fifth and sixth) track machines - most of which were Hitachi.

The biggest problem I have is that I learned to dig on a Massey 50 and 50B. The boom lift-drop and boom in-out are opposite hands on a Massey than they are on a Hitachi. Just when I get into the zone (go onto auto-pilot) on a track machine I revert to Massey by instinct - which is strange considering I haven't driven a Massey since 1988.

Did u get the info you wanted? I'm only familiar with the C.

no mate, still a bit in the dark about it all. was thinking about picking one up for tidying up around the place and doing the ground work around my house when the builders are finished.

what ya think of them?

Just was talking to neighbour for you

he has 580c and worked on several others

Ok here goes keep up

Don't buy a D with a ford engine they are dirty panties . . .buy perkins

C Has those weird controls that use feet for dipper etc . . and is right hand drive yuk!!

D has Left hand cab

"Normal" controls on arm rests

later models had tracking on your feet

early models had cable controls later models servo controls

Far more power and speed with a D

Think Thats all he said

Ricky is on the right lines, the C I have been using is a 6 pot Ford powered machine. Starts first time everytime, no pre-heat but has extra fuel button. Controls are lever to linkage, not cable. Direction levers, one on either side of the seat for corresponding track. Boo controls are

Left Lever:

Forward - boom down

Backward - boom up.

Left - bucket tip

Right - bucket load

Right Lever:

Forward - slew anti clockwise

Backward - slew clockwise

Left - Dipper out

Right - Dipper in

Left Pedal - Dipper out

Right Pedal - Dipper in

Levers are from the floor in front of you, not armrest. Track tension via grease nipple - seals for cylinders are hard to get hold of. All in all a very easy to use straight forward machine but the trouble is, because everything is linkage controlled the slack from lever to function is unreal. Your arms are doing doughnuts around the cab all day. Cheap for humping and lumping but not much good for grading or precise ditching etc.

Just was talking to neighbour for you

he has 580c and worked on several others

Ok here goes keep up

Don't buy a D with a ford engine they are dirty panties . . .buy perkins

C Has those weird controls that use feet for dipper etc . . and is right hand drive yuk!!

D has Left hand cab

"Normal" controls on arm rests

later models had tracking on your feet

early models had cable controls later models servo controls

Far more power and speed with a D

Think Thats all he said

I wouldn't say a Ford engine would be that bad, very common engine the 6D (as parts men seem to call them). I'd probably rather one to Perkins, but then I might be a tiny bit biased ::) ::)

There is a siezed one in the workshop and a running one in the Hymac. . . Mmmm. . . . Kerrching!! Best get the socket set and a lead light ready for tonight. C'mon James and Colm, there is work to be done before sunrise!!

Swapped one in a combine before, I'm sure I can manage a Hymac ;):D :D