US guy has some questions

DeerMeadowFarm

Twas a dark, dark morning. The sky was as black as coal. .. twas a wet morning with ground like a sponge. ..

Look out, Moley's coming!!!

The Volvo's headlights, dimly light up the yard in this hour before sunrise. The buildings looming up from moonlit shadows like sleeping dinosaurs. ..

Look out, Moley's coming!!!

Slowly into the yard comes Moley in his lorry loaded with feed. His first delivery of the day, a job too small for the artic... The 8 wheeler was mean't for this one. Creeping forward the lorry sinks, Moley puckers up. .. It's a dark lonely place to be stuck. .. Coming to a spinning halt the driver is forced to give up. Climbing down one less step from the cab, kicking the wheel and effing and jeffing to himself he wait's. ... . At sunrise a figure appears from the slowly opening dawn. Not a happy figure I might add.

With a tractor on the front and a loadall on the back - Moley is pulled from his hole!!

Hurraah!!

:D :D :D

not quite how it happened but yeah something like that i suppose  :-[:-:D thanks mate , gone right off you now  :-\

unlike the US the UK is a fairly damp place to live .

the other reason is access to the fields , also unlike the US in the rural area of the UK we have a lot of hills ,trucks would be completely inoperable if they were to get into the field

Heh, heh, heh....boy...I guess you haven't ever seen New England! Water just pours off of my hill... Last year we started 800 pumpkin plants in peat cups and transplanted them because the fields were too wet to work at planting time...