tractor for marky or nick6920

pudding

I'll take it.. I bet she feels a little underpowered with all those wheels gripping the ground  :o :o

We never had a 4wd 135 over here... or any 100 series for that matter... a few companies offered conversions.. 4 wheels traction.. and Schindler are two that spring to mind.

In Mainland Europe Massey offered 4wd variants of there 100 series them selves... I've got a couple of brochures on these (as you would expect)  ;D

Thanks for posting pud... you are a gent  ;)

I'll take it.. I bet she feels a little underpowered with all those wheels gripping the ground  :o :o

We never had a 4wd 135 over here... or any 100 series for that matter... a few companies offered conversions.. 4 wheels traction.. and Schindler are two that spring to mind.

In Mainland Europe Massey offered 4wd variants of there 100 series them selves... I've got a couple of brochures on these (as you would expect)  ;D

what was the axel on the one we saw at the fergy day mate?? sure it was listed as a willy jeep one wasnt it???

nick, you need one of those, ha ha!........if you want to have one up on the guys here at the forum

it will be a schindler conversion, there is a few here

there are also a few 175's with what looks like GM axles

and a few late 188's with genuine 4wd MF axles

heres a 175

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Farming/Tractors/auction-141513847.htm?p=16

I used to take some of our trade in Masseys to Four Wheel Traction in the seventies. The company was based in a row of small garages with up and over doors. It looked like they had bought up a couple of garage blocks that once were used by nearby houses. They looked like a real "Tin Pot" organization; but their conversions worked well, and they exported them all over the world. They also used to make power steering conversion kits for several makes of tractor.

Their "Factory" was almost alongside the entrance to Blackwall Tunnel. If you missed the turning it was a bu**er to get back to. The company was owned by a man called Robert Eden, from Burwash in Sussex, who I believe also used to export Fords under his own name. There you go......more useless information.  ;):)