Old Conversion Favourites

Powerstarâ„¢

Question

Let the rest of us know what home made conversions you used to do as a kid, or still do now, which is a real proper bodge job, but at the time did the job and was good, a few from me, I used to get implemets from car boot sales with no hitch and mum would make one out of wire, it would drag along the floor, but didn't worry me. Also I used to put Lego beacons on my tractors, and use elastic bands as ratchet straps on bales!

what my oldest brother used to do with my early britains tractors was break the plastic (glass) in the cabs because he thought i looked realistic as if someone broke the windows, after he did it to 2 of my models i made a stop to it ::):D and to think that he's 22 now so he must have been 11-13 when he did it :-\ :D

Right well here's my list:-

Lego beacons Blu-Tacked onto tractors which didn't come with beacons.

Britains front loader stuck onto the rear of a Renault TZ tractor to look like a Moffett MFT.

Small drinks straws linked together with selotape to be a long chain of irrigation pipes.

Torches Blu-Tacked to tractor roofs to act as headlights for night-time work.

Small oil drums from Toys R US Blu-Tacked to a forklift for ballast.

Uno Stacko Blocks or Dominoes for tattie boxes (before Marky made me loads  ;D;))

That's just a few which come to mind........ :-[:-[

Right well here's my list:-

Lego beacons Blu-Tacked onto tractors which didn't come with beacons.

Britains front loader stuck onto the rear of a Renault TZ tractor to look like a Moffett MFT.

Small drinks straws linked together with selotape to be a long chain of irrigation pipes.

Torches Blu-Tacked to tractor roofs to act as headlights for night-time work.

Small oil drums from Toys R US Blu-Tacked to a forklift for ballast.

Uno Stacko Blocks or Dominoes for tattie boxes (before Marky made me loads  ;D;))

That's just a few which come to mind........ :-[:-[

Love that one!

The irrigation pipes sound funny!

And the torches, most of us have done that I should think!

Nice pic Stan  :D :D :D :D

Skinny four wheel drive tyres off the 5610 used to fit over the 2wd tyres on the 6600 thus making her four wheel drive  :)

Lego beacons.

I also converted an MF30 seed rill into a victim of a real barn fire in our attic with the help of news papaer, a wooden shed and some matches. Mum went spastic!!  :o:D

those ole wire tires ya used to get for tying up bags in the kitchen were great for making a drawbar on the back of a mashio britains powerharrow, for pulling my corgi (i think) roller, it was the same width, cracker unit.....

also take the cadge out of the powerharrow and turn it round so its not hooked to the gear drive from the power drive (i didn't have a powerdrive tractor)

Tried to  ake County tractors out of New Rays, slurry spreaders out of new Ray tanks, water bowsers from New Rays - big timber trailer based on a New Ray - dad built that.

Wire on the back of Claas Jag for trailers and fixed up Farmhand baler with copper wire :D :D

those ole wire tires ya used to get for tying up bags in the kitchen were great for making a drawbar on the back of a mashio britains powerharrow, for pulling my corgi (i think) roller, it was the same width, cracker unit.....

also take the cadge out of the powerharrow and turn it round so its not hooked to the gear drive from the power drive (i didn't have a powerdrive tractor)

i used to do that anyway so it wroked better!!, i'm sure that was the idea, wasnt it on the box or insert in the box?? ???:-\ :-\

i made a 5F plough by using two ploughs and a zip tie!

MF header trailer using the old bauer tanjer

Cut the header table off my MF combine and made it detachable!

Lego lights as warning beacons!

tin foil as silage wrap! :D :D :D

stuck two vicon spreaders together, piece of lego and a hitch and had a bigger spreader for the bigger tractors!!....used to put salt in there! :D :D :D::)

made a straw chopper by taking the tow arm of the vicon mower and fixing the hitch to the front. F-P took the idea and made it better! ;D ;D

cant think of much more yet :-\ :-\

oh painted a 5610 green/yellow as i wanted a deere so badly :D :D :D :D

heres a few

elastic bands to hold the trailers on the hitches and the hitches up!!1

my uncle made a roller forr me out of half inch piping and a foot of steel  :-[:-[ still around

did anyone make a buckrake out of nails and steel again - the 414 wouldnt hold it up!!!!! :D :D :D

When I was about 10 I cut the header off my Britains MF760 combine :o With Dad's hacksaw ::) ::)

Then used technical Lego to reattach it and make a header trolly ;) ;)

Good place for pdcfarmmodels to start hey :D :D

When I was about 10 I cut the header off my Britains MF760 combine :o With Dad's hacksaw ::) ::)

Then used technical Lego to reattach it and make a header trolly ;) ;)

Good place for pdcfarmmodels to start hey :D :D

i still have my dodgy convos's!!, see if i can take pics or find the original ones! :D :D :D

prob the same as mine the Paul, i used two bits of red plastic and some small bolts....was well cool! :D :D