Our Current Farm Fleet

james f

Well it wasn't getting one from us anyway Pud. Honestly, I don't know what we were thinking bringing a Fiat around the place anyway :D :D

South east of Ireland

If it was a 110-90 you would soon be converted ;D ;D

Any pictures of the blue trailer - didn't see her yet as she got drop sides like the Lee's ???

By special request; a better pic of the Looby trailer during last harvest. You can see that the sides split into 4 parts, and the central pillar splits into two also so you can have low sides or high sides. The two top sections on one side are off at the moment for collecting bags of fertiliser.

DSCF1178.jpg

Nice tidy job that - a bit heavier though than the Muldowney in the background ???

Easily know which 135 is Bobby's and which belong to Tommy G on the lorry :D :D

Interesting to note the three 135s, all with different cabs :)

Well we looked at a few makes before buying the 6650. We were all Ford until then and the local New Holland dealer is just up the road so it wasn't a case of just going with the obvious. Several local contractors were after moving to Valmet/Valtra up to that time and the salesman was the guy who used to do our first cut silage with a whole fleet of them before he gave it up, so that was a factor as well as price I suppose. We didn't really like the TS even though another local contractor had good service from them, and we had no real attraction to other makes such as Case, Massey, John Deere or Renault, so I guess it made sense to go with a brand that had been tried locally and been found to be reliable and hard-working. I don't know how we ended up with Class green, blue would have made more sense, I think it was my younger brother's choice :-\

Nice line up James - a tractor for every job.  ;)

Thanks John. We could actually use a few more tractors sometimes to save switching things around!

Great pictures James. The valtra is a nice looking tractor and I think the green suits it, you live in a very picturesque place  :)

Never thought of it like that but I suppose the river does provide some nice scenery :)

• 1 month later...

hey mate nice pics thanks for sharing them whats that valtra like the one with the redrock trailer?and how many horse?as someone tried to offer me one last week that was very similar

I'd have to say that's a great tractor. I'm a big fan of those four cylinder Valtras, I think the 6650 is 110hp, but I can never remember exactly :-\. The HiTec ones are much nicer to drive than the standard ones, what kind of one were you offered? 4cyl ones are probably a bit light for 20ft silage trailers though :-\. This one has not given any major problems in 4500 hrs since 2001. The biggest things were a leaky seal in the brake valve unit at the rear which is prone to leak on them but is dead easy to replace because the unit is very accessible above the rear linkage. Also theres a sensor on top of the gearbox under the cab that gives trouble if it gets wet and had to be changed. A little care with the power washer and it'll be fine ;). Potentially the biggest problem was a failed 4wd kingpin bearing, but we replaced that when the hub casting was replaced due to an accident. Retro fitting grease nipples will prevent this from happening. I've seen a good few that have been dogged by contractors and they hold up well, the engines and gearboxes are bombproof.

nah i wouldnt have it doing such a big and brutal job for a 110horse tractor i would have it baling or raking/swathing i was offered a Valtra 6850HI 2004/2005 model with about 2,000 hours on it it is 120horse yes the 6650 is 110horse just looked it up in my valtra book im not sure if this one if 4cyl or 6cyl sounds like a good tractor may have to get the dealer back on the phone for a talk on price how much would you think it would go for?

Yeah the 6850 is 4cyl. A local contractor used one up to last year as his main tractor, baling silage with a Claas Rolant 250RC, also ploughing with a 4 furrow reversible and sowing with a 3m Lely/Accord one pass combination. I did a bit of wrapping with it last year and its a nice tractor to drive. Our 6650 does all our baling and has never been stuck for power, although maybe you make bigger bales over there? On price, I could only guess but this one is on tractorpool.co.uk at the moment: http://www5.tractorpool.co.uk/suche/detail.php?masch_id=841195

well it will be baler with either a welger round baler or a case large square.this is is also claas colours and it has a pick-up hitch which are uncommon over here its more of a european thing for pick up hitches but more and more machinery are started to be made for pick up hitches so they are slowly becoming more popular