MF 9895 combine

Richard de Florennes

There has been some talk on this and a lot of excitement. It is very similar to this, a machine I drove in America

http://www.challenger-ag.com/agco/Challenger/ChallengerINTe/HarvestingEquip/680B.htm

There are other intersting machines on that site - the MF Cerea badged as a Challenger CH654 for one  ???:)

Thanks for the information! Would like to find the previous discussion on the 9895 topic.

Looks great, the Challenger version too, but is the grain tank fixed in the open position?

Amazing to the see how the different brands are related with each other - Claas Lexion - CAT Lexion - CAT Challenger - Challenger AGCO - AGCO Massey Ferguson.

Now the only missing link is Massey Claas or Claas Ferguson ;-)

Well, I can satisfy your curiosity!!

In, I think, the late 80's/early 90's MF marketed the Claas Dominator 98, and 108 in North America as the Massey Ferguson 8450 and 8460. Initially they were pretty much identical to the Claas versions (apart from being red), and had the usual Claas unloading auger. Later ones, however, were fitted with turret augers.

unbelievable - MF Claas, wow ...

by the way, what is the purpose of this strange header - have seen this quite a few time on US combines- they seem to harvest the pre-cutted straw prepared in lines - but why do they do this instead of using the "normal" combine grain header???

It is a pick up header Sascha. Like a forager but it has belts like a Powerflow header. Some farmers in the US like to cut oats or barley before it is ripe using a Swather. Then it wilts and ripens on the ground, then harvested with one of these. :)

aint they the new rotary ones from mf,read somewhere that they tried them in the states and they performed really well, some farmers even said they would loose the jd's to buy them, so must be ok

That's it Sean. They are a tricked US model for the EU market. MF tried bringing it over once before and failed, this time they reckon to having it right. I hope so, seeing a big red rotary would make my day!!

unbelievable - MF Claas, wow ...

by the way, what is the purpose of this strange header - have seen this quite a few time on US combines- they seem to harvest the pre-cutted straw prepared in lines - but why do they do this instead of using the "normal" combine grain header???

understood, but what is the advantage of this method compared to "one pass combining"?

Well, I can satisfy your curiosity!!

In, I think, the late 80's/early 90's MF marketed the Claas Dominator 98, and 108 in North America as the Massey Ferguson 8450 and 8460. Initially they were pretty much identical to the Claas versions (apart from being red), and had the usual Claas unloading auger. Later ones, however, were fitted with turret augers.

..... and before that, Ford used to market two Claas models in blue colours.