At work with MX DRIVER

Deeredriver

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bunch right there is about 300 so far they have traveled about 10 miles across from the first field we started  them in

altogther we have about 1500 head some are out in the fields and a lot are in the cattle pens at both farms 

we buy them in weighing about 500lbs or so  brand them worm them and give them 3 other injections  all 1 by 1 through a cattle crush as soon as we can after they arrive i hate the smell of burring hair when were branding it lingers for ages

a close up of the wheels  ha ha!

yea we have a few out there  including my own  theres 6 hondas a polaris and a yamaha  a few  mates come out to herd the cows too as we kind of have a few  i mean a lot of beers afterwards

yup lots and lots of barb wire fences  we graze the cattle on maize stubble in the winter  as we combine the maize all the stalks are left behind and some ears that fall off so its  bloody good feed for cattle

then we just string out  one strand of barb wire and electric fence posts and hook the barb wire up to an electric fencer

friday i went to pick up a  new cattle trailer for us   from the factory 175 miles away

just a small one  30ft

also this is what ive been making at night to go on the back of my work pickup i got given the tank so i bought t he engine and the pump and plumbed it all together pretty handy for air tools and blowing up tires  its ford blue i just gota stick on the big ford badges i got for it

we have a bungie rope  its thick as hell and suposed to be able to hold 50 tons

i took the terra gator up and pulled it out it took to goes

we hooked it up with lots of slack then i just take off as hard as i can then the rope snatches when it gets tight and out it pops  its pretty dangerous as some times the ropes snap and the tow hooks fly

but as i was infront of the sprayer tank i was safe

we havent tryed it yet but  we have a 24fter and can get 13 1000lb bullocks in it so i would say what 15 or 16

it was windy as hell friday i was getting 23 mpg going to get the trailer with just the pickup and only 9.5 coming back with it

that pickup has a 5.9 ltr cummins turbo diesel in it

It is a good way of life really its nowhere near built up as it is back at home even though i do still miss not being there

ever since i bought my work pickup i have never locked it parked out side my house or at work most of the time it sits with my shotgun on the pasenger seat

one thing though American workers are lazy  you know whats its easy for me to work them into the ground  and at least my boss can see that  i have worked for him for 2 years now  and had 4 pay raises

last year i got 2 big bonuses for working hard and  at the end of each year i get half  cow all cut up by the butcher

i like it being on the farm its not as glamorous  as some folks jobs but i like it so thats good enough for me

at least after i sold my wagon i can come home and sleep in my own bed everynight instead of being gone for 2 weeks at a time and only spending 2 days at home before i had to head out again

my next goal  is to buy a farmhouse out in the country somwhere with some land .

not too bad ehh for a bloke that came out here in 2000 with just 2 cases full of clothes and 50 quid to his name

we bought a house have 2  vehicles a boat and a quad bike  i have a wife and 2 healthy kids

yea the last time i came home was not this chritmas just gone the one before i planed a surpirse visit

i told all my folks to go out and have a xmas drink on me and that i had put 100 quid behind the bar at the local pub for them

then at about 9pm me  my wife and boy walked in 

you should have seen the looks on there faces it was priceless

Out with the big guns last week had this lil 1070 hooked up to the 30ft culitvator  :o :o :o

only to move it though even though i so wanted to stick it in the ground  and see what it would do

the tractor is a 1070 dont know the horse power but its a 3 cyl

we did have it on a 90ft 13'' auger last year it smoked a fair bit but still powerd it ok unloaded about 30 tons of grain maize in 10 mins or so we normaly have it on a 4555 jd