At work with MX DRIVER

Deeredriver

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its runs just fine mate  i carted 3 loads yesterday and just 1 this morning the feed yard we get the crap from was too wet for them to get the crap all piled up for me so i took  her back home and i have been in the workshop  the rest of the time i have to go to the dentistthis afternoon so im done for the day now

that loader there is a beast  it weighs 15 tons empty and the bucket hold about 4 tons

yea the trailer is way cool alls i have to do is pull 2 pins on one side and push 2 little flaps on the other then it will tip to the other side

wonder what happens if a forget to latch the 2 lil flapy things  ??? ??? ???

kind of a shame to get a brand new trailer coverd in cow shite but i guess thats what it was bought for

Yo Nick, cool stuff mate. Those side tippers don't have rock the old chassis about when they go!! The two trucks which the Dolecheks ran wet feed with were belt trailers, looked like a pain in the bum to me driving around the yard with the belt going to get the stuff out  :D What sort of weight will this one of yours carry then?

We just got the normal sided one mate so i could only get 17 and a half ton on  not very good really  but there are extra sides that you can buy to make it hold more

This  was just a one off really  to see how it would work  the main task for it is to haul cow shite

we have free supply to 10,000 cows worth and as fertilizer has gone to a stupid price over here all the free  crap will be well worth spreading

$1000/ton for  fertilizer right now

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate  got  lots of rain last night so wont be chopping tomorow  >:(

I like making things  ive made a few gates and now these silage side  i was quite suprised that it didnt take me too long either the hardest part was getting the angle right for the up rights on the front and back as you can see the trailer  angles  of to each side from the center

Alls we have to work with is a  ark welder, a cut off saw and oxy acetaline

The  John deere dealer called me again this week to see if i  would go up and  work for them but you know i like to get out in the machines  too so i think it would be hard for me to be couped up in a work shop full time

so i think i will stay where i am for now  my boss treats me really good to be honest and after my $2000  harvest bonus for 2 weeks  wheat combing its kinds hard to do a runner on him  esp when i will get another bonus  for after  maize and bean harvest  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 4 weeks later...

It doesnt bother me one bit it feels really stable  looks like it leans over quite a bit  this is the first time ive seen it tipping from the by standers view

Not too  much Tris i would have had to put the silage sides back on  and our   silage pit is narrow and tight to get turned around so it would have been a pain anyway

they were done by 1 oclock  anyway so   hardly worth my time  putting the sides on for 2 half days

hauling poo is much beter i only get out the wagon to jump in the cat to load it then i  never stop turning the wheel till i get back

get 10 loads a day in  from about 8 am till 5 28 miles round trip so syill get about 280 miles a day in

oh i was gona ask you Tris how many wagons do you have carting to you and how many tons do they carry

We have four 8 wheel bulkers carrying 20t a piece out of self loading bins at Avonmouth sewage works. As well as this, some 8 wheel hookloaders carrying 15t a piece from smaller sewage works with belt presses loading straight into skips.

The seasons target is 70,00t four our region (Bristol - Marlborough - Ashbury - Cheltenham). They tip 7 days a week, 362 days a year though.

• 2 weeks later...

its that time of year again that we are combining our autumn crops

started combining our maize couple of days ago

Heres a couple of pics of the crop and the combine so far

we pick it as high moisture content then  run the grain through a hammer mill and clamp it in a silage pit for  feed for our beef cattle

first of all  my combine a jd 9760sts with a 12 row maize head

second a kinze grain cart pretty full hehehe