At work with MX DRIVER

Deeredriver

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup were still drilling maize  think we have about a 1000 acres left to do but rain halted play

since i talked to you last  i have sprayed  about 1700 acres and put on over 50,000 gallons of liquid fert onto the maize ground  done about 300 acres of contracting too which is alright by me my boss is paying me $1/acre on top of my hrly wage for any contract spraying we do

by the time we get done planting all the stuff we need to plant it will be time to get the combine out  and cut the wheat

Civilpeck must be getting close to heading south anytime  i heard the wheat is already turning down in oklahoma so thats just a few weeks away

nope dont need it over here mate as long as my boss has a licence and is whithin radio or fone range your good to go

i dont really care for  spraying too much but its a job that gets done the most  on our farm i will maybe cover 10,000 acres or so each year give or take a 1000 ha ha!

this year wont be as much as we only have 1100 acres of wheat  after its combined i will have to run over the same fields 3 times  more before winter to keep them clean then the last  time it will be done will be with roundup and atrazine ready for the maize next year

I did run over a few acres of wheat just a few weeks ago to give them another shot of liquid fert

6.5 gals to the acre 20mph spraying speed man you get a lot of acres done fast  but its hard  as hell to keep on track as we dont have tram lines i do have my own gps lightbar in the sprayer but at that speed my reactions arnt so good at keeping up with the flashing lights to tell me which way to steer ??? ??? ???

nah the boss stayed at work my wife was the one who wanted to go ans of course i didnt want to let her down

got a bit tired of having to sit in every tractor though

the great bit was  alden  (my son) would get in the buddy seat fastern his seat belt then pat the drivers seat for me to sit in  cool or what  ;D ;D ;D

• 2 months later...

nothing mate  its too late to plant anything now and that ground goes up for bids to be rented this autmn it is actually ownd by the us goverment its all wildlife refuge  bloody full of dear when we combine we have to leave 5% of the crop standing for the sodding dear to eat not like they havent eaten enough all bloody year >:( >:(>:(

well they are a lot more stable than a end dump tipper and this only takes 20 seconds to tip out a load  were going to use it to  cart sh1t 90% of the time so  with it being sticky this will be a lot safer

that big rock  it shows tipping out at 33 seconds in the vid weighed in at 15 tons it was still in there yard when i picked ours up yesterday

were going to make some silage  side for it too so be carting off the chopper with it  as well

thanks mate  its good to know some one notices the  effort i put in to show folks what goes on in this part of the world  got to carting some poo this afternoon heres my little loader and  the full load then a pic of the load coming out