Another rare MF... one I had never seen or heard of until now... MF R4500

The MF R4500.... ta daaaaaa...

Strange looking beasty... for the New Zealand market.... from the date code it's a 1964/65 model... er..... I think...

It's got the MF135 engine in it... so I guess it's a high version of the MF35x of sorts...  :-\

Any of you boys down the other end of the world care to shed any light on it for us please...  ???:-*

Anyway... enjoy...

MFR4500_Page_1.jpg

MFR4500_Page_2.jpg

what ye be smoorking marky

thats a red landini

for kiwifruit??!! ha ha!.........you want low tractors for that.....we had the a odd lowered tractor floating round our kiwifruit block when i was a kid.........ususally just normal tractors on wee wheels and steped axles

as for the NZ market.........you serious, never seen one here

if i did, i would own it by now

looks like MF went to great efforts to convert the catalogue to inches, and mph.........and english language, and the fact they emphasis PTO hp............i say south africa or america or something

am told those landinis were great ole buses, looks good on paper

Thanks lads... I have to say I had never heard of it before....

Puddy... I bought it from a fella in NZ... but thats not to say it's an NZ publication I guess... It was being sold amoungst a load of NZ stuff I believe (100 series red-giants release stuff)

Allis...  ;D - glad it's of interest... this is what I love about the Massey Brochure collecting hobby... every now an again you turn up some gold you'd never even heard of  :o:)

I guess... thinking about it... it's very similar to the Landini crawlers of the time as well  :-\

lightland, you not thinking of a farmall 140 or something, there was one sitting down here in timaru for a while, offically the bigger ones in that series never came to NZ........the 140 followed the farmall super A from about 1959 on wards, at that time, nz was getting its bigger tractors in that range from IH austrailias manufacturing facility......

offically i think there were a few 140's imported, they had the offset seat, and there was also the kumatsu built?! IH274 which has the square IH bonnet like a 483.....the 274 was a offset 284 from memory, someone told me they had mazda engines

if you are floating round the gisborne/wairoa/hawkesbay areas keep ya eyes pealed for JD 900HC's, there are a few up there

there are a few high clear MF65's still alive too. my father had one when i was a little fellow, she could move on the road!

lightland, you not thinking of a farmall 140 or something, there was one sitting down here in timaru for a while, offically the bigger ones in that series never came to NZ........the 140 followed the farmall super A from about 1959 on wards, at that time, nz was getting its bigger tractors in that range from IH austrailias manufacturing facility......

offically i think there were a few 140's imported, they had the offset seat, and there was also the kumatsu built?! IH274 which has the square IH bonnet like a 483.....the 274 was a offset 284 from memory, someone told me they had mazda engines

if you are floating round the gisborne/wairoa/hawkesbay areas keep ya eyes pealed for JD 900HC's, there are a few up there

there are a few high clear MF65's still alive too. my father had one when i was a little fellow, she could move on the road!

Pud, Lightland is Fendpower ;) Hes not likely to be up  hawkesbay area

I have seen a JD900hc, Brownrig ag have a couple in one of there sheds, from there start days