East sussex maize ground preparation

Fenside MF

I got home yesterday after work to find (I think) southover contractors muck spreading 3 fields down the bottom of our garden ready for ploughing and planting maize. :)

I think the kit was

Jd 6930 with bunning spreader

jd 6910 with I think bunning spreader

JCB TM ***

Muckspreading001600x450-1.jpg

Muckspreading009600x450.jpg

Muckspreading015.jpg

Southover Contractors used to have bright orange signs on the front of their cab roof with the name on it.

They were affectionately known as the Mc Clusky's. The real name of the two brothers is Rick and Chris Moderski.

Just to confuse things, there was a company called Sussex Contractors who specialized in muck spreading. That was run and owned by the Thomas brothers. They ran JD's in spite of the fact that they were previously Sussex Tractors (Ford) employees. Jus' fort I'd mention that....... ::);):D

Where abouts in East sussex great pics  ;):)

Marshman, near Crowhurst and Catsfield which are small villages between Bexhill and Battle :)

Southover Contractors used to have bright orange signs on the front of their cab roof with the name on it.

They were affectionately known as the Mc Clusky's. The real name of the two brothers is Rick and Chris Moderski.

Just to confuse things, there was a company called Sussex Contractors who specialized in muck spreading. That was run and owned by the Thomas brothers. They ran JD's in spite of the fact that they were previously Sussex Tractors (Ford) employees. Jus' fort I'd mention that....... ::);):D

Southover contractors usually harvest the maize as I have seen the roof plates on the deeres but I am sure this was the same jcb tm from last year and there 6930 didn't have a name plate last september ;)

Jamie, ever heard of P J Batchelor Contractors????

No Jez I haven't but are they down my way ???

Thanks Luke thought I'd get a deere wrong :)

Now some more pics from monday and today from and it looks like they aren't planting maize this year.

B.G Hagues has now got some smart new fendts to replace 2 fergys.

Kit was:

Black Fendt 718 with folding kuhn power harrow

Fendt 415 with maschio harrow

MF 6270 with amazone zam max fert spreader

And then planting with 415,maschio harrow and accord seeder

Fendts005600x450.jpg

Fendts002600x450.jpg

Fendts008600x450.jpg

Fendts007600x450.jpg