farm pictures new update 08-10-2017

texas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures and updates Bas...it is always nice to see how things are done in other country's.....I'm off to Rome on a works user testing course for 4 days next month ...I'll have my camera with me but I suspect I won't be in areas to get farming photos :angry:

I love this photo!! Some lovely photos in your updates Bas but this one I really like. When I was 16 I drove a Ford 8870, when I was 17 I drove a 7810, back then they were big tractors. ... with these trailers they look so small!!

15102012102.jpg

Maize here is hard work this year, the police are handing out fines for dirty/dangerous roads. Some guys are only keeping one trailer in the field with the forager and he tips his maize by the gate. The rest of the gang stay on the road to keep their tyres clean and a loader loads them from the pile. A contractor who has a John Deere T, Quadtrac and a Challenger is using them to pull the trailers when they get stuck and also to push the foragers when they cannot get grip.Very difficult year for everyone!!

Also, the Fendt on page 75, what is in the two trailers he is pulling?

I saw today a sign for potatoes, usually 25kg = £6 - £7. This year the sign says £9!! A bad year for every crop the farmer has grown.

Wheat - bad.

Oilseed - bad.

Barley - bad.

Potatoes - bad.

Halloween Pumpkins - bad.

A very bad year for the farmer :(

I saw today a sign for potatoes, usually 25kg = £6 - £7. This year the sign says £9!! A bad year for every crop the farmer has grown.

Wheat - bad.

Oilseed - bad.

Barley - bad.

Potatoes - bad.

The prices for potatoes aren't that bad when i am right?

Price here for potatoes:

export €22-€27 100kg

french fries €23-€27 100kg

texas

Wheat - bad.

Oilseed - bad.

Barley - bad.

Potatoes - bad.

With a bad year in aussie and much of europe things might just be looking up for a wee farming country at the bottom of the world. ;)

• 3 months later...

Went to Paris also to the Sima show. Don't have that many pictures had some problems with the camera.

First we went down town Paris:

Sinterklaas2012carnavalenparijs2013091.j

Did buy watches:

Sinterklaas2012carnavalenparijs2013117.j

Sinterklaas2012carnavalenparijs2013115.j

And also a new car:

Sinterklaas2012carnavalenparijs2013127.j

I am still dreaming ;D  ;D

• 2 months later...

Great pics there mate  :)  - nice bit of kit around these  compared to the times gone by   -- Are them tankers doing   recyle waste ??? -- we have a  set up here near me where they do this --  talking to many they  still not sure its of any good to the land

Great pics there mate  :)  - nice bit of kit around these  compared to the times gone by   -- Are them tankers doing   recyle waste ??? -- we have a  set up here near me where they do this --  talking to many they  still not sure its of any good to the land

Those tankers on the pictures are only used for manure.

Archived