farm pictures new update 08-10-2017

texas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Bas, looking good there! Do you know what model the Schlüter is? a 1250 TVL or something?

Sean: A nice debate you've started there. The general opinion of Dutch (dairy) farmers is that of doing 4-5 cuts annually and gathering high quality fodder and less yield. They don't like to let it grow massive like they do abroad. This field might be ploughed up and drilled with maize. Another reason to cut early. By cutting some now and some later also helps spread the workload and the weather is v good now, why wait until rain? You're silage might be worthless end of May! It has happened before.

while doing the grass rolling sean the grass growth is very poor,worst ive seen at this time of year for ages

great pics bas, doesnt look to be a huge grass cut there??rows dont look very big, i asume they are struggling like our farmers are after the wet???

I've never ever seen a slurry tanker with four wheels on one axle before, Bas. A new one on me that is. Nice to see an old 70 series still pulling its weight, they were never all that popular in my area but I loved the one we had a college for a while. The Peecon ferry tanker looks like it is quite high, higher than a standard truck type tanker anyway. I would not fancy getting the speed wrong on a corner with that!!

Nice silage being made in some nice early weather. All being well by the end of the month it may start over here too :)

I've never ever seen a slurry tanker with four wheels on one axle before, Bas. A new one on me that is. Nice to see an old 70 series still pulling its weight, they were never all that popular in my area but I loved the one we had a college for a while. The Peecon ferry tanker looks like it is quite high, higher than a standard truck type tanker anyway. I would not fancy getting the speed wrong on a corner with that!!

Nice silage being made in some nice early weather. All being well by the end of the month it may start over here too :)

I like those double twin shift . Better for the ground and those tankers are not that heavy as a Terra Gator or Verveat. It's a 13m3 tanker and it did 91m3 a hour.

For the peecon tanker you need to go slower in the corners.

Today more grass is harvest overhere.

Texas

I like those double twin shift . Better for the ground and those tankers are not that heavy as a Terra Gator or Verveat. It's a 13m3 tanker and it did 91m3 a hour.

For the peecon tanker you need to go slower in the corners.

Today more grass is harvest overhere.

Texas

Ah I see, Joe. Yes this is a new one on me, I have seen them with lateral shift front axles on tandem axle tankers but never with the axle set up like this - like the very old school lowloader trailers!

Great update - it really shows how much farming kit has come on from only 20 years ago when i was driving tractors how i wish iwas just starting now days with the tractors & kit about - I m sure i would have not ended up with a bad back that put a stop to my career in farming thats for sure - but i still enjoy tractors -- keep them pics coming for us now arm chair tractor drivers ;D ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pictures Bas, impressive outfit. Did you find some time to photo the first cut in your area or sadly no time?

Thanks Niels, Sorry no pictures from the first cut didn't have that many time.

texas

• 1 month later...

Archived