The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oo loader fun eh, is it on the way to spalding so we can follow you over for fun saturday??

:D :D - not really mate... it's 15 miles in the wrong direction from my place sadly  :-\ :'(

either way.....when's the next one!!! (cant do this sat  >:( >:( :'( :'()

Most weekends Beny baby really - let me know when you are free next mate

I wanna go  :D :D :D :D Brillant pics Marky looks like fun :)

You can have a go if you like Addy - as you are my bestist buddy on FTF  ;)

nice pics marky 8)

what is the weight distribution like when you are loading the top soil, would there be any need for a rear weight?

i reakon a guard would look well on the grill 8);):)

It's good Matty... as it's only a small bucket... I usually use the 4wd when I'm loading up for less disturbance of my work area.  I have ordered a rear weight box as it happens... as I intend to go for a bigger capacity bucket in the near future.  I'll post a pic when it arrives of course  ;)

I forgot to show you that I've now got my trailer back... and installed under the prep dewatering tower (wedgewire screen).. this is now replacing the Bailey which I am going to use for my spare (topsoil... carrots waste... compost etc.)

Anyway... here it is in situ...

IMAG0217.jpg

I've had a filter installed inside so she drains away any excess fluid that leaches out of the pulp...

IMAG0221.jpg

1 sheet of perforated steel... (2m x 1m) only £192  :o :o >:( :'(

It's had a bit of a spruce up....  a new towing eye (the old one was cream crackered to say the least..

IMAG0220.jpg

New springs on the back (leafers)... thanks to Gavvers for the advice..

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

and you can see the new tyre there... it had a 625 combine wheel on one axle  :o :o :D

I have to say... I did a 30 mile trip with this today... 15 miles of which were FULLY loaded with carrots... and it tows a treat... wonderful in fact  ;D

Yeah she's a ten tonner...

I will be removing the mesh from the Bailey Sean... tomorow hopefully... but it all slots back in pretty easily... I won't be removing the ball valves from the underside... just incase I need to use it again on the waste  :)

That's a nice looking loader at work there, Mark. Hope you're getting a good price for this stuff. . . . even though like me, you'd do it for fun anyway ;)

Not really Trissy  :D :D :-[ - But hell... who cares hey... more to life than money I reckon... I do cover the DERV, Wear & Tear... and a tiny bit for me... that's about all really....  :-[ :'(

It's cracking stuff though... No better soil in the world than the 'old sooty black'  ;D:-*

Ruddy hell how long  has it took to grow that pile  ?

certainly looks like good soil i could use a few loads if you were a bit closer

I think it's a good 10 years worth... or possibly more than that... my initial estimate has now risen to aout 800t  :o :o - and it's growing by the week too  ;D