Redrock Or Kane??

MODELFARMER

Ok

I'm looking to but a new trailer this summer, grain use, might get silage wings if they cheap but unlikely,

I'm lookin a 10 or 12 tonner

Ideally it would be a drop wing as it makes the trailer twice as usefull but not really necessary, had a look around an 18ft redrock yesterday, I think i'll stick to a 16ft model, easier in tight lanes and gates etc .  .. .

Whats anyones opinion between the two trailers??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

far  more practical for the average farmer kane are light and durable trailers and look good redrock are heavy bulky trailers that get stuck easily ;) ;) ;) ;)

Weight not really a problem, i'll only be in dry fields when cutting wheat or barley plus they'll only be pulled with nothin under 140horse power and i'm only looking a 10 or maybe 12 tonner

I think i'll put on the wide terra tyres depending on the price

Our 10t fraser is a 15ft model with 4ft high sides, nice trailer, somethin similar size i think,

I like this roll on cover

grain_cover.jpg

are they the only major brand of trailer you get over there then mate?? if not why not try rolland or baillys?? both well made trailer, seeing a lot of rollands over here now, silage and grain

Would be the two most popular trailers here

Would love a new fraser but no build em any more  :'( :'( :'(

redrock, kane and herron are all great trailers :-\ but ide go for a kane, they might even spray it in JD colours if you like(or have a big wallet) a diggerman up the road from me got kane to paint his 18T dump trailer in fendt colours 8) well it's wrecked now :D but herron are prety much the same as kane, but kane would be my first chioce ;) but then again i would buy a fraser trailer, but the factory is flattened :'(

may be stupid but whats wrong with maston  ???:-\ ;):)

he's looking a more local trailer ;)

redrock, kane and herron are all great trailers :-\ but ide go for a kane, they might even spray it in JD colours if you like(or have a big wallet) a diggerman up the road from me got kane to paint his 18T dump trailer in fendt colours 8) well it's wrecked now :D but herron are prety much the same as kane, but kane would be my first chioce ;) but then again i would buy a fraser trailer, but the factory is flattened :'(

he's looking a more local trailer ;)

Eye

I have thought about building me own, I work at a metal fabrication plant, we do sub contracting work for other firms, sheet metal stuff,

http://www.jmf-ltd.co.uk/

I run this plant

http://www.colorcoteni.com/default.aspx

Wonder who has the rights to fraser designs at the minute?

Eye

I have thought about building me own, I work at a metal fabrication plant, we do sub contracting work for other firms, sheet metal stuff,

http://www.jmf-ltd.co.uk/

I run this plant

http://www.colorcoteni.com/default.aspx

Wonder who has the rights to fraser designs at the minute?

May i ask why you need a 12ton trailer if you work for a metal fab plant  ;)???;):) :)

Did you look at a Smyth form County Carlow Ricky - will make it with dropsides too or a Dooley - even better ;)

Never seen a Redrock with dropsides - I don't know why they don't make them - like you I'd prefer to have a 14-16t trailer with drop sides for drawing bales

Did you look at a Smyth form County Carlow Ricky - will make it with dropsides too or a Dooley - even better ;)

Never seen a Redrock with dropsides - I don't know why they don't make them - like you I'd prefer to have a 14-16t trailer with drop sides for drawing bales

a boy that hires trailers near me has a 16 ft dropside kane grain and silage with an 8ft extension=22ft bale trailer not for sale tho as we tried to buy it :-\

• 4 weeks later...