Larkton Silage 2008

hody21

Hi all

I havnt posted pics for a while so I thought I would start again with the 2008 silage season. As per usual they are of where my dad works ( he is driving in most of them ). Again they are all massey related, even the new telehandler is a red one. I hope to take pics every day to show the silage season from start to finish so I will update the pics as and when I can. Any questions then please ask....

The pics to start with are of a 398 with a tarrup mower in the first field of the season.

100_0972.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0961.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking the same it looks brand new

great pics

Thanks very much, I will pass the messages on to my dad. The 398 has only done around 4500 hrs and has been on the farm from new (I think).

100_0964.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0965.jpg

Good pics again mate  god that pic of the drawbar brings back some bad memorys with that stupid idea

are you guys any where near Abatanant i think  its called used to go slurry pumping there

No, we are from Malpas, In Cheshire

The last pic may well be the best there Simon, very very well captured. Some nice what I call, normal machinery. Not the newest but in tip top condition by the looks of it. A fit crop of grass too, is this the first cut of a new ley or did you cut it last year as well? Someone else is a keen photographer too, in the background of one of the pics.

The last pic may well be the best there Simon, very very well captured. Some nice what I call, normal machinery. Not the newest but in tip top condition by the looks of it. A fit crop of grass too, is this the first cut of a new ley or did you cut it last year as well? Someone else is a keen photographer too, in the background of one of the pics.

Thanks for the kind comments, they cut this field last year aswell. The "other" photographer is my sister on the video camera. They cant pick up tonight as the grass isnt ready but I will be there tomorrow night armed with my camera.

Pics Update...

Today saw my dad starting to pick up the fields that had been mown on Sunday. He is on his trusty 399 with just under 3500 hrs. Hopefully tomorrow I should be able to get pics of the 390 on the clamp and other pics of the machinery.

100_1003.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1005.jpg

100_1016.jpg