A wet weekend...AKA the Massey Massive Miss a Massive Massey Missive.....

Tellarian

That looks like it might make sense then, new 8699 ???

well it could be because first the 8100 then 8200 take 2 steps forward in NR 8400 and maybe this time again 2steps forward.

So iff you call MF innovative you say 2steps forward and then you get 8600series's :D;D;):-\ ???

Sorry i am siting to long at home the past weeks ;):D;D

wow... Nice to shed some more light on the situation then... as Simon says... an 8699 then... ummm... makes sense I guess...

I want I want I want... Marky closes his eyes REALLY tight and makes a wish...

* PLEASE LET ME MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN MY COLLECTION *

Apprciate it Steve... many thanks  ;);D

Is this just a red fendt??

nope, its a sisu motor, fendt based cab......very different thou, set up different, it has the big window on one side, and smaller door on the other

front end is similar to found on other MF, diff front end to the fendt 900's  (believe me we still have a 933 in our yard)

vario box in the back...........

MF is making a good thing better............who needs deere............pffffff

i think that cab will flow back into the other ranges like fendt did, you notice with all the value added parts of machinery exclusive to brands, they always start at the big models and work there way down the ranges........eg, super steer, vario, cab's,

ps. i know nothing, was told a couple pointers by a friend of mine

that answer a few questions and stop the rumours ha ha!

• 1 month later...

From Profi...

Further details have been released on the launch date for the most powerful tractor to ever appear from the Massey Ferguson stable. The 8690 model (370hp max power, ISO) is due to make its debut at INNOV-AGRI, Outarville, Orléans, France on 2nd to 4th September, and incorporates a mix of new and proven MF features. For example, the tractor drives through the firm’s familiar Dyna-VT CVT transmission, but then has an all-new four-pillar cab. Arguably the key stand-out design element, however, is the 8.4-litre SisuDiesel Citius engine, which uses Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology – an AdBlue urea solution converts NOx and PMs to harmless nitrogen and water within the exhaust line – to reduce emissions while, at the same time, enabling Sisu/MF engineers to maximize fuel efficiency. MF claims the 8690 uses 5% less fuel than a tractor fitted with alternative emissions-reducing technology.

Interesting Steve. AdBlue has been available to goods vehicles for I think about two years now. I've not driven a vehicle but there at least two on the bulker division of the company I'm driving. Both are 460 Volvos. It always interests me how commercial vehicle specifications cross over to agricultural machinery.

What is really interesting - firstly the Citius is capable of 420hp so room for the MF range to grow.

Secondly - the SCR technology reduces emissions to nitrogen and water, in the US. Canada / swened exhaust gas ground injection is seen as a way of returning carbon & nitrogen to the ground = wonder how soon it will catch on over here - of course tillage applications only but looks to be a win win situation..

http://www.bioagtive.com/

• 1 month later...