McCormick IH 634

Well here we go :)

Finally got round to posting up some pics of my tractor, she was quite a state when I bought her, she's not much better now!!!

Got her about seven years ago, delivered to my work where the cab was removed and scrapped, it was just too far gone to be saved.

post-225-132638763158_thumb.jpg

post-225-132638763163_thumb.jpg

Last two for now,

Was a bit of a tight squeeze to get in the garage, it was surprising how much room there was once she was in and wheels off.

Over the next two years in there she had rear axle seals done, engine removed and trans. input seals replaced, front axle pivot pin and bushes redone and various linkages and such freed off. Most thing were seized solid due to her spending a few years resting up in the Orkney isles somewhere :(

post-225-132638763207_thumb.jpg

post-225-132638763213_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have any more upto date pics.

A few thing have contributed to nothing much happening to my tractor, firstly my son was born and therefore my spare time greatly reduced ( not a complaint I may add ), then we decided to move house with no room for my tractor (YET) ;)

Due to various sircumstances my tractor has had to move home no less than four times, but now thankfully is actually in a shed that I would be able to work on her, eventually, but I have to help get a MF35x finfished for my friend first before we can start on my one again in ernest. Its his shed my tractor is now in. :);)

I shall try to remember the camera next time I'm over at them.

Hope I havn't bored you too much.

Brian

Nice pics Brain she looks like a strong old girl so what you doing with the back putting on mudguards or a replacement cab also what hp is she roughly as the farm my dad used to work on had a 614 which looked nealry the same as yours but it had a big strong square rollbar :-\ :-\ :) :)

i like that type of mccormick  :) my uncle had a 434  :)

do you find those lowloader trailers very bouncy when empty  ??? as the one we got never seems to level off even going flat out  :-\ you would think it would stop but it doesnt  :-\  we take the tractor off and drive the machine (normally a schaeff 8 ton 360 ) straight up over the front  :)

i like that type of mccormick  :) my uncle had a 434  :)

do you find those lowloader trailers very bouncy when empty  ??? as the one we got never seems to level off even going flat out  :-\ you would think it would stop but it doesnt  :-\  we take the tractor off and drive the machine (normally a schaeff 8 ton 360 ) straight up over the front  :)

Only used the trailer once, borrowed from a local contractor c/w tractor, was certainly a bit bumpy, but to be honest I was more worried about looking at where I was going, 55kph needs a bit of looking after :D :D ;D.

Was able to just steer and drive off the side with my tractor, normally you would drive up over the front as you say.

I borrowed my uncles 7.5 tonner and tri-axle trailer to move it the other times, much easier ;)

Looks very rusty there Brian but good to hear work is progressing ;)

I hope you have lots of funds I have heard those shell mudguards for those IH's are very very dear :(

No doubt they will be Colm... remember it's a Nash... they are a classy machine ;D ;D

Nice to see your tractor at last Brian. I've seen a lot of things out of Orkney and they all seem to suffer from rust due to the salt air and the lack of trees to stop the wind ;D