round bales

masseyman

Question

Try getting some of that expanding foam stuff from bee and screw and fill kitchen roll tubes with it then when it has gone off slice them into the correct length    cover in pva and roll the lot in some shredded sizel baler twine cut into short lengths  pat it smooth all over the get some orange/blue cross stitch thread and spiral it around like the feel thing an there you have a round straw bale  ;)

now for the worst part       I have only been told this and as yet have not tried it  :-\

But it sounded very feesable

Try getting some of that expanding foam stuff from bee and screw and fill kitchen roll tubes with it then when it has gone off slice them into the correct length    cover in pva and roll the lot in some shredded sizel baler twine cut into short lengths  pat it smooth all over the get some cross orange/blue stitch thread and spiral it around like the feel thing an there you have a round straw bale  ;)

now for the worst part       I have only been told this and as yet have not tried it  :-\

Sounds feasable to me too Scott. ;)

what size diameter wise should round bales be? are real life standard ones 4feet wide by 4feet high? have wondered about using some of that oasis stuff you get at the florists and cutting them out with a hole saw

Crushes very easily      But why not give it a try  What have you got to loose ;)

As for size 40mm x 40mm will be near enough for what you want

Try getting some of that expanding foam stuff from bee and screw and fill kitchen roll tubes with it then when it has gone off slice them into the correct length    cover in pva and roll the lot in some shredded sizel baler twine cut into short lengths  pat it smooth all over the get some orange/blue cross stitch thread and spiral it around like the feel thing an there you have a round straw bale  ;)

that sounds very do able scott, wonder if the same principle could be applied to small and big  square bales ?? as once set you can cut that stuff with a saw easy enough

this works realy well tried last weekend and now i have 40 round straw bales on top of my silage pit ;D

I would think that the tubes will be scrap as the foam is very sticky

Iff you don't want the tube on just peel it off ;)

I'm glad that it works as i hav'nt got round to doing it yet so well done for trying

what i did wasv for silage bales got pipe insulation foam you get it in bags of 10 lengths or so and cut and wrap them min tape you get loads realy cheaply

That's what Graham did, I saw them at Toytrac and they looked excellent so I got some insulation yesterday to try it :)

How many bales per tube of gapfiller then?

When it is set in the cardboard do you cut away or can you push the foam out, leaving the cardboard tube intact?

Tris if you cover it in PVA then roll it in the twine, it wouldnt matter to much if you left the tube on?

is the general kitchen roll tube the right dia?, i thought it would be to small :-\ :-\

Tris if you cover it in PVA then roll it in the twine, it wouldnt matter to much if you left the tube on?

is the general kitchen roll tube the right dia?, i thought it would be to small :-\ :-\

I'm not thinking too much about cardboard at the moment. ..  ;)