HOLDERNESS VINTAGE CLUB PLOUGHING DAY

sparrow legs

on sunday 17th aug (a week later than planned) we are holding a ploughing day, no judges or rules, just a fun ploughing play about, open to all sorts of ploughs, old or new, its nr hedon in east yorks, for details pm me

im using my ransoms 3f reversable on a friends mf 375 and also borrowing an mf 35x and 2f fergi plough, there will be some crawlers there, and a few fergies

more pics on sunday after the event

we all had a great time, it was only a small group of friends who meet each week to restore vintage machinery so it was nice to use the gear in anger, we have been doing up my 3f ransoms seen on the 375 the past few, weeks, all set now so due to be shot blast and painted next

tractors in use were a dexta and 3f fergi plough, mf 375 and 3f ransoms reversable, nuffield diesel and 3f ransoms

track marshall 70 with 2f and a track marshall 56 and 3f, i had ago on all except the tm 56 :'(

we were due to have about 15 tractors there but as i said it was cancelled but we had ago later in the day as the land dried

Sorry Mike E baby... I'm not sure how I missed this post... great pics... I am LOVING that 375 as well... I bet it's a super little ploughing tractor as well...  :P

Did you get a go on the 375.... and if you did.. driving impressions please mate ???

Thanks for sharing  :)

a replie to my post :o

marky, of corse i had a go, it was my plough :D nice 375 to drive, light on steering, simple gears (even thoe there are 3 sticks ::) ) was sweet to drive for a budget type red tractor, ive also driven the later silver cabed ones but no real difference from memory

wheels were set a bit wide for the plough to be fair.  I had a go on all the tractor at the event, it was just a small group of friends so we all had ago on everyones machine

a replie to my post :o

marky, of corse i had a go, it was my plough :D nice 375 to drive, light on steering, simple gears (even thoe there are 3 sticks ::) ) was sweet to drive for a budget type red tractor, ive also driven the later silver cabed ones but no real difference from memory

wheels were set a bit wide for the plough to be fair.  I had a go on all the tractor at the event, it was just a small group of friends so we all had ago on everyones machine

Brilliant... thanks mate... I was never a fan of the three sticks - some of the later 500 series had them (same machine I guess as a 575 really... skid wise)... sounds like a good day out... I wish I lived closer, I would bring my 410 up - I love the idea of a 'fun day'  :)

I'm not to hot on the 300 series.. but I don't think there was much difference in the red and silver cab... I think red was juist the first offering ??? - anyone know any more than that ???