THE CLAAS TRACTOR

Ade

hi guys

well yesterday the claas 800 demo tractor arrived  and the men  had a bit of a play .. but today i took it ploughing....

its suposed to be 205 hp cant remmember te numbers on it .. and its crap utter crap

right from getting in it it was rubbish and belive me it got  no better  you have to use the clutch to change direction the spools were at a funny angle to use and it was gut less .. there is no way it is in a claas with the top brands .. i pull my plough with my jd at about 7 mph and out at about 18" i managed 14" and 5.0 any faster and the auto wheel slip kept lifting the bloody thing out it was on mitch xm 108 so there was grip but it had no balls it has done 1,000 hours so it should not be engine tight but well ........ the dash revs ya cant see for the steering wheel and  the work light were poor . the seat did not twist like on a deere/ mf/ford and well its just a poor tractor i drove a reanult 145 and in its day it was ok but i think this is a step backwards

A bloke down my way runs a Renault 735Rz along with Fendts he loves it and bought a new claas to replace a 710 but he is now buying fendts now runs a 818 , 926 and 930 so i think he didnt like them for heavy work even in a 170 hp MF 8240 i can do 5-6 with 16" so thats just shocking struggling at 14" and its got 35 hp more

nope  had a second day on it today on a 15 ton samson spreader and its a final verdict its a zetor in green........

no power no guts  and this bloody clutching to change direction is really pi**ing me off .... good news is  i am back on my deere tomo  as i have 76 acres of sewage cake to plough in .......

My tractor at work is a Renault 836 and i think its the dogs gonads! It manages to pull a 6 furrow Lemken out at 16" and a furrow press at between 7 and 10 kph. After having this tractor for two years and doing nearly 3000 hrs with it, i really wouldn't want anything else.I use it for everything, from ploughing to top dressing and from trailer work to hedgecutting. I find it one of the best tractors i've driven, and have very rarely had back ache since driving it unlike it's predecessor We also run an 816 and have the same opinion of that as it copes with a 4m power harrow drill at speeds between 5 and 9 kph. We've had a few electrical problems with it but nothing serious. The only real problem area was the ront suspension, where cararro who made it didn't fit enough grease nipples to it so they wore out! However Claas sorted out all tractors like this free of charge by fitting new axles. Neither of us have found the need to use the clutch pedal to change direction, but ithink it comes with getting used to the tractors, and after coming off a Case Magnum 7230 and a Fiat F140 we're more than happy with them!

maybee its just what you are use to as i am a deere man  and i think that this claas is about 5 years behind on the comfort and technical front  we run deeres  hew holland  and valtra  and compaired to them is very poor tractor  one of our tractor drivers is on it today with the 15 ton spreader so i will se what he thinks  but for the money  i would have  a  new holland tm190 as they list about the same or for a extra 4,000 i could have a deere 7920 mmmmmmmmmmmm i think i no what we will have ..

We may well have had TM190's instead of the Renaults, but our local dealer never gave us a demonstrator in the 3 months we were trying them out, my boss wouldn't buy a tractor if we weren't sure that was right for the job. As for the John Deere, i loved the 6920s we had on demo, but it wouldn't fit on our power harrow due to the gearbox being to far forward so was out of the equation. The 7920 we tried was one of the most uncomfortable tractors i'd ever driven, a few baling contractors locally share that opinion as well, one farmer wishes he'd never bought the thing because of all the trouble he's had with it. I just wish the 7810 was still in production because that was a brilliant all purpose tractor, and sounded great too!

yes i had a o2 reg 7810 and only changed it for my 7920 as our dealer gave us a brill deal on mine i do aprox 3,000 acres of mowing with a front  and rear mower keeping  our 2 choppers going somtime on first cut i mow for 20 hours a day to get in front and i can say my 7920 has the best seat  all on air and fully adjustable  my 7810 was  a brill tractor but with the front and rear movers even when chipped struggled  in heavey crops .. our foreman had the claas today on a muck spreader and he said that it was not a tractor he would like to drive every day .. in fact as i write he is taking it off and putting his 6920 back on ........ only good thing is it looks good in shed next to the lexion and the 2 choppers ... sorry gavin but  its not for me ....

i dont think  really there is much between mf  new holland  and jd ,, i think valta  are there too .i love fendt but they are just to deer  and well i guess mccormic  and the others are  always going to have a  fan or too.. i also think the dealers  have a lot to do  i no we are 100% behind ours i have rang our local rep at 2am wanting a shaft for my mower and he has gone down there and opened up witch  is brill . i guess  we all have a  personal choice . as a  kid we had mf 698.699 tractors and my mates dad had ford 7610,8210, we used to argue on the school bus    he would say mf .maintain frequently  i would say ford Fix or repair daily .... but looking back they were both brill tractors ....... bit like a zetor we all take the piss but  i bet there is loads of small welsh farm witch still today would not have a tractor if not for the cheep little 4wd zetor with a loader on ...

It's horses for courses, and budget.  We get a lot of grey Fergies and old IH around here on smallholdings as they are the cost effective solution.  Only Zetor I've seen was one doing wheelies across the road as he tried to plough clay with a 2 blade reversible having thought he was going to be working on peat.

there is a few old small tractors round here in north shropshire but just over the border in wales its zetor and 135 heaven ........funny how zetor have had compressors on them and it never took of on new tractors  our valtras have  them but none of the deeres or new hollands .. thats another reason to get a fendt ...

i dont think really there is much between mf new holland and jd ,, i think valta are there too .i love fendt but they are just to deer and well i guess mccormic and the others are always going to have a fan or too.. i also think the dealers have a lot to do i no we are 100% behind ours i have rang our local rep at 2am wanting a shaft for my mower and he has gone down there and opened up witch is brill

I well and truly agree with tha NH MF and JD are close all have one better over another one but equal all the same but Fendt is out there on there own in terms of technologie