FORD 7000

BC

I was looking in ERTL's website and see they have a Ford 7000 No 13749. I have a Ford 7000 which was issued as 42197 in a red box. Has anyone seen 13749 and is it a dealer box one. i thought dealer boxed ones were issued before the normal red boxed ones ??? ???

I'm pretty sure nothing as its the same disappointing model.there's no extra details on it either.

I saw a Ford 7000 last month at a Heritage Farm Show so I'm thinking they must have had imported them over at one point ;)

Yes spot on  ;) No differences  >:( I have one of both but not really sure why if i am honest apart from being a freaky blue loving weirdo  :-[

Yes spot on  ;) No differences  >:( I have one of both but not really sure why if i am honest apart from being a freaky blue loving weirdo  :-[

Thanks for the confirmation Udimore. Despite all the criticism the model has had in the past I will buy the dealer one too. At the end of the day went I come to sell it in theory a dealer boxed one should sell for more  ;) ;)

I have a particular liking to these tractors. I remember carting dung with a Howard rotary spreader with one of these in the late 70's L reg if I recall correctly. Not a particularly good cab but they were big and powerful beasts at the time. It also had a Quickie loader and my pal says it was one of the best loader tractors he ever had and regrets ever parting with it... and so do I.

Thanks for the confirmation Udimore. Despite all the criticism the model has had in the past I will buy the dealer one too. At the end of the day went I come to sell it in theory a dealer boxed one should sell for more  ;) ;)

I have a particular liking to these tractors. I remember carting dung with a Howard rotary spreader with one of these in the late 70's L reg if I recall correctly. Not a particularly good cab but they were big and powerful beasts at the time. It also had a Quickie loader and my pal says it was one of the best loader tractors he ever had and regrets ever parting with it... and so do I.

Yes I know what you mean..I always prefer the dealer Ford boxes...well just because they are blue really  :-[

Yes back then the 7000 was a beast and a half, I remember my dad bale carting and it pulling like a train up Cadborough Cliff in Rye  ;)

That US 8000 is a terrifying looking thing...! Presumably capable of rowcrop configuration looking at the unusual front axle positioning.... puts me in mind of 'Christine'.... you know, the killer car!  :D

7000's on the other hand are lovely looking things, proper British look from times gone by.... Are these dealer boxed versions any more expensive than the Britains boxed ones?

Yes I know what you mean..I always prefer the dealer Ford boxes...well just because they are blue really   :-[

Yes back then the 7000 was a beast and a half, I remember my dad bale carting and it pulling like a train up Cadborough Cliff in Rye  ;)

Here is a rather nice example I saw at our local rally earlier this year

3182008108.jpg

Were any Ford 7000's actually made in the USA. I was not aware of it but I know the 8000 was a USA manufactured one.

I attach a photo of the American 8000 below

BA2008025-1.jpg

BA2008024-1.jpg

Sorry BC but this is a 6000, later replaced by the Commander 6000, most of the 6000s were red and grey but all the Commanders were this blue and grey. The 8000 was the same style as the 8600 & 9600 that were imported to the UK. There was an 8000 at Smithfield Show in Dec '68 (from where I still have the brochure) for farmers reaction but was not officially brought into the UK until the 8600 came out a few years later (with the turbo'd 9600) In the meantime in USA there was also a 9000 (turbo'd 8000), I've got pics somewhere. I also have the Hubley 1/16 6000 & Commander 6000 toys/models.

Bill, I think that the "8000" in your pics is really an American 6000 (Commander :-\)

I believe that they were pretty unsuccessful  ;)

Yes you are spot on Mark this particular one is a 1963 Ford 6000 Commander and owned by a chap who store it just a few miles away from me. I went 1,000 up instead of 1,000 .... numbers are not my forte ;) ;)

This one was bought from Harry Barclay a tractor dealer and i haven't seen any others in Scotland.

I cannot really comment on who successfull or not but I do know they can really creep slowly. At our local rally at Milton of Crathes there is a slow tractor race and this one faired well but was beaten by a massey with a crawler / reduction gear box.

There is also a slow race for the steamers and Aberdeen County Council win it yearly with their road roller... mind you being the council they have had years of practice doing things slowly ;D

Sorry BC but this is a 6000, later replaced by the Commander 6000, most of the 6000s were red and grey but all the Commanders were this blue and grey. The 8000 was the same style as the 8600 & 9600 that were imported to the UK. There was an 8000 at Smithfield Show in Dec '68 (from where I still have the brochure) for farmers reaction but was not officially brought into the UK until the 8600 came out a few years later (with the turbo'd 9600) In the meantime in USA there was also a 9000 (turbo'd 8000), I've got pics somewhere. I also have the Hubley 1/16 6000 & Commander 6000 toys/models.

Thanks Nigel... not good on me numbers ;D ;D

That US 8000 is a terrifying looking thing...! Presumably capable of rowcrop configuration looking at the unusual front axle positioning.... puts me in mind of 'Christine'.... you know, the killer car!  :D

7000's on the other hand are lovely looking things, proper British look from times gone by.... Are these dealer boxed versions any more expensive than the Britains boxed ones?

I paid £ 13.50 for the red boxed one Simon and I see G&M have the dealer one on their website at £ 13.50 also.

That 7000 is a lovely looking tractor and is owned and restored by Geordie Wallace a Fordy fanatic who lives just the otherside of the Dee valley from me. That engine was rebuilt twice. When fired up for the first time shot blast grit / sand was pulled in and the engine blew and had to be rebuilt for a second time.

An expensive restoration project for him and I'll bet he won't shot or sand blast an engine again. I would never even have contemplated doing such a thing.

back then the 7000 was a beast and a half, I remember my dad bale carting and it pulling like a train up Cadborough Cliff in Rye  ;)

I remember, Autumn 1975, waiting for a lift home from school, when the Cahir House Garages truck drove by with a Ford 7000 Selene 4wd on't back.

Took me about an hour to track it down - the first 4wd I ever drove (age 10).

Subsequently replaced by a County 1174 (1978), Deutz 6.05 (1990) and TM125 (2002)

I still remember the WOW! factor as it drove past the school after all these years. Serious bit of kit!