David Pullens Combine and Balers book

• 4 weeks later...

Picked-up a copy at the National Tractor Show today, and it is also a signed copy by the author himself.Have not been able to put it down yet.I think i may have found an ommission already. No mention of Bamford bl58 baler produced with yellow wheels.These i have seen ,but need to check if i have one in my collection.

tractorman314.

£ 30 !!!  

the previous one is still on sale at only £ 18

seems a lot for a book covering only last 10 years ,   they have not poduced that many in last 10 years have  they ,,,            very few decent ones anyway

Entry for hitch   ..........................            how  wil I describe   that.................            useless   ,,non existant   ::) ::);)

I think you should sit down for a couple hours (no, I am not joking!), and count them up.  Britains and Ertl issues in 32nd have to be considered together now.  Including all the variations that now seem to be issued (US dealer, US collector, US shelf, US show, Euro specials, Britains standard issues, gold chrome, gunmetal, muddy), the number of issues since the Ertl takeover and transfer of production to the Far East has been phenomenal. 

:o :o Well thats a turn up for the books...I thought the new tractor book was coming out in 2010  :o

Wrong again Shrek  >:(

Two interesting reads there, I bet the tractor book will dig out some models that we hardly knew exsisted  ;)

Could be espense when you discover some models that you now need to track down and purchase  ;)

Received a copy of the book today. Have had a look through it and am pleased with what I see. I don't think that it is quite as good as Davids book on the tractors, set out a little different but it's all there and is another 'bible' for the Britain's collector. I also see that the BL58 baler with yellow wheels has not been mentioned, perhaps the author and some others don't know that it exists.  ???

I have an example with the yellow wheels but not boxed. The wheels are genuine as they are tight, I would guess that if they had been changed they would be quite sloppy as you would have to force them over the axle ends which would enlarge the holes. I don't have any earlier catalogues but it shows the baler with yellow wheels in the 1970 catalogue and in the 1971 catalogue they are shown as blue.

I have an example with the yellow wheels but not boxed. The wheels are genuine as they are tight, I would guess that if they had been changed they would be quite sloppy as you would have to force them over the axle ends which would enlarge the holes. I don't have any earlier catalogues but it shows the baler with yellow wheels in the 1970 catalogue and in the 1971 catalogue they are shown as blue.

About 15 yrs ago there was a "bread basket" of the yellow wheeled ones on someones stall at the local car boot sales for months @ £1 each, I've got a couple somewhere.