Farming action at the Baltic seaside (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, on our way back home, a lot of traffic jams on the highways forced us to make the 300 miles journey riding through the country side. Unfortunately it was rainining almost all day long and there was no activity seen on the fields, with this rather common Grimme potato harvester found near Hannover being a rare exception that afternoon:

x1IMG_1948.jpg

x1IMG_1953.jpg

then I saw a tractor with silage trailer driving in the opposite direction of our destination, and after another one crossed my way, I decided to follow them in order to verify what was going on. Unfortunately this finally resulted in my car getting stuck on the wet ground of the non-paved farm ways. Luckily, myself pushing with all my physical force available and thanks  to my wife's astonishing driving abilities we got free again. As I did not want to risk getting stuck again, I made the rest of the "hunt" by feet, resulting in almost one mile walk until finding the location of action ...

x0IMG_1963.jpg

x0IMG_1968.jpg

That 980 is some piece of machinery!! What a size, even without the header it looks massive. No wonder they need such big trailers to keep it going. I wonder what was on the clamp back at the farm to push those huge loads up? More excellent pictures RDF and thanks for making the detour, getting your car stuck and even having to walk to the field to get these pics just to put up here on FTF. Brilliant.  :)