BRITAIN'S No 9496 Deutz DX 4.57 Tractor in Banded Box- Hybrid or not ????

BC

I think so Super6, they started appearing when production went to the Far East.  Ertl toys have had them for many years.

I have noticed numbers on some models before but never thought much about it... I now know ... thankyou

On the subject of unusual Deutz 4.57's, how rare/common is this bizarrely coloured un-branded Deutz:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170279714078&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Okay, I looked this one up for you  ;) It was available for one year, 2005, and only in a boxed set as set number 40841 complete with tipping trailer, round bale, farmer, some animals, some fencing and a gate. Looks like it may have been released as a sort of replacement for the Little Farmer range  ???

They seem to have been in the shops/with traders for a long time, probably not good sellers ::)

Okay, I looked this one up for you  ;) It was available for one year, 2005, and only in a boxed set as set number 40841 complete with tipping trailer, round bale, farmer, some animals, some fencing and a gate. Looks like it may have been released as a sort of replacement for the Little Farmer range  ???

They seem to have been in the shops/with traders for a long time, probably not good sellers ::)

I had forgotten about that one. I have that set not a particular favourite one of mine but was only £ 10 so nice just to have it in the collection ;) ;)