roofing sheets

new holland 4 ever

Yes steel would be heavyer but it would also be stronger, therefore less likely to snapwhen you shape it (i've snapped 5...). I think it is of this you are talking? roofing sheets

I will also be using recycled steel drink cans but I don't have any at the moment so I used some aluminium sheet.

yeah similar, wasnt the same barn but may be the same person?

They look cracking, I reckon this one has legs.... more info required I think, I could be hooked... ;)

Sean, I don't want to open a can of worms / start a debate / tick you off... but I thought the idea of this new board was that prices etc could be posted in it.. ??? Otherwise the poor lad is going to be responding to as many as at least 2 or 3 PM's asking the same question... ;):D

Simon it doesnt say anything about prices, :-\ i believe this is to be kept to PM still

here are the rules Andy posted

If you produce customisations or scratch built models for selling or for shows. We invite you to post your work in this topic so member's automatically realise your item(s) are for sale, or will be once they are completed. When posting your work, please try and give as much information as possible regarding the item(s), and their availability.

If you are interested in obtaining direct purchases on FTF, you can use the classifieds to submit your item, and direct members to this from your original topic. If you are only taking pre-orders, simply give members a way of contacting you for further information.

This is a new system, so there are bound to be teething problems but hopefully we can all sustain our enjoyment of all of the magnificent custom work that is published on here, whether it is being sold, or not.

If you are unsure about anything, please mail me, or send me a PM.

as you will see there is nothing there about posting prices but liek all ohter topics, for now please keep it to PM. This is a topic for members to link the sales on the classifieds, so more a topic to discuss them :-\

Yes, I did check that Ben before I posted but I wasn't sure whether 'as much information as possible' should include price details.... :-\ I would say it's fairly critical so perhaps it should do, particularly in the case of pre-orders where no classified listing has been made... :-\

Anyway, I'm not saying another word on the subject!!  ;D Don't want to start another FTF riot which can only be resolved by turning to picking on Simon M's well documented beer goggles!!  :D :D :D

no worrys simon, its prob best for all inc the sellers if price isnt dispalyed, tax man gets everywhere afterall, and some do different prices for the more peole buy ect, so its all kept between the sellers and buyer 

:D :D I hadn't thought of that !!!  :D :D :D Hey.... you're not one of them are you.... ???;):D :D

I have not yet decided of a price. I do not wish to sell them as ripp-offs so I will try and keep the price down without loosing any money myself. So would it be better if I paint them or If the buyer paints them himself? This factor will obviously have an inpact on the final price. I think many discounts will be available if a lot ar ordered. The standart width is 40mm and the length can be up to 20cm. I have spent many hours getting the "machine" right, so that to will have an inpact on the price. I think for a roofing sheet of 40*200mm painted in the desired colour it would work out at about (am I allowed to put price up then?) but this may change depending on prices of paint... I may be able to make these in exchange of drink cans (only the steel ones) plus price of paint.

I would get in mind the cost of one plain roof sheet first. Offer No1.

Add on a bit for paint and time. Offer no2.

Then work out how many for a minimum order would mean the buyer gets a ??% discount or multiples of ten = 1 free roof sheet.

(Numbers and quanities for example only.)

That way I for example could buy 100 sheets, which would mean I got 110 for the price of 100 to paint myself.

Or if I was time restricted I could order 100 pre-painted ones (at a higher cost) with the 10 free.

Just an idea. ???:)???

rounded ones....now that would be a test, you would of course have to buy the sheets first unless you can standardise the curve??

i dont think you should bother with paint? :-\ :-\, i'd rather have them plain ;) so as to get the right colour mix with the rest of the shed when painting it, but leave it upto the buyer :-\ :)