roofing sheets

new holland 4 ever

Whar about just putting primer on?

sounds good?, i was thinking on saving you time and money!!!!, but primer is good i guess? ;)

can you do curve ones?, you could get a selection of radius's's's's for general and maybe then custom ones that are slightly more?, may be tricky going to tight though but sticking to shallow curves? otherwise it may crease?

what size will you aim to have the sheets??

A4 size, A5 size?, 50mm x 150mm?....

Numpty for Ben!!

Clearly stated above, 40 x 200mm.

I'm off to fill out a certificate ;D

i know that Tris, but i think a selection would be better hence i asked, 40mm seems a little to short and 200 maybe to long? :-\ :-\, so i dont see that as a numpty offence!

Just stumbled on this topic and impressed that a young member has come up with such a good idea... well done.

I have used the real roofing profile on both my garage and one of my tractor sheds at home. I purchased the sheets and barges and fixing studs etc from a company called Planwell which manufacture them from precoated rolls of steel in Buckie in the North East of Scotland. it is a cash and carry type of place so you pay when you order so the first time I ordered i went up, and got a guided tour of the factory and saw how the profile and barges were made. All very interesting... the machine that rolled out then profile resembled a gigantic crank shaft for an 6 to 8 cylinder engine.

If you click on the link below and download their catalogue you will see a picture of the machine I'm trying to explain above.

http://www.planwell.co.uk/roofing/price-guide/

I can do sheets any size really but the press is only 4cmX20cm so if I do bigger sheets it will mean more lining up to get it right but on the other hand it also means less cuting :-\ I could have standart size and then (being as the client is always right) I can do a different size or length or width. Thanks for the link it's very intersting (for me at least...) What do you think about exact 1:32 replica of the price?... ;D ...I think I will have to step away from realism... What colours are most common in England then? Over here it's green and white, sometimes brown/red.

quite a simple machine really, just a press.....

It does seem like a simple thing to build (that's what i thought before I got stuck into it) but adjusting and welding 2X2mm steel section is not a walk in the park... but it might be easier to build in pvc? I onlywork with steel because it's stronger and you can weld or solder it. What are the advantages of pvc?

around here its grey and greens, to be honest there arent really standard colours as all companies have different shades, have you seen a paint chart :D :D :D, its what the farmer wants (usually a green shade or a green shade and grey shade) and the LPA allow him to have with planning permission :-\.....so it fits into the landscape, you should have a set list though of easy to get colours like Tris listed and primed ones like you mentioned earlier for buyers to poaint themselves? otherwise you end up with all sorts! :D :D :D, keep it simple!!! ;D ;D