Land Rover Series 1 60th Anniversary

AndyB

I'll have a look to see if I can find it but I think I read that this 60th S1 Land Rover is basically the same one that was released in 1999-2000 in the 'Vintage' series on the wooden plynth with the series of tractors Britain's did, D.B. 900, Lanz, T20, E27N and the Marshall. The only difference with this LR will be the plaque on the plynth. The same Land Rover was also in the Ertl 'Elite' box.

Around the same time as the 'Vintage' series tractors on plynth, Britain's also released a number of 'Home Farm' sets in lead in special padded out boxes harking back to the original Home Farm stuff. You don't see so many of these sets around and I was told that they were not that succsesful in terms of sales and the few outlets that stocked them sent them back, people thought they were too expensive.

I'll have a look to see if I can find it but I think I read that this 60th S1 Land Rover is basically the same one that was released in 1999-2000 in the 'Vintage' series on the wooden plynth with the series of tractors Britain's did, D.B. 900, Lanz, T20, E27N and the Marshall. The only difference with this LR will be the plaque on the plynth. The same Land Rover was also in the Ertl 'Elite' box.

Around the same time as the 'Vintage' series tractors on plynth, Britain's also released a number of 'Home Farm' sets in lead in special padded out boxes harking back to the original Home Farm stuff. You don't see so many of these sets around and I was told that they were not that succsesful in terms of sales and the few outlets that stocked them sent them back, people thought they were too expensive.

was the 50year one really released 10 years ago ???::).....wow time flies :D :D :D::)

This one is different from the 50th anniversary model. Lighter green, different 'number plate' and the tilt is slightly different. Priced at £13 from Land Rover dealers. Individually numbered under the model. Different box.